Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 8, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Salvation is available to all who choose to believe.
    Naaaah : that is what you believe!!

You go on and on about the rest of the world, yet have no compassion for what happened in New Orleans?
    I never stated or indicated that I do not have that. But reality tells me that what happened in New Orleans - however bad it may seem to you - is a relative light disaster if related to flooding in Southern India or Bangladesh, where many hundreds of thousands of extremely poor people with hardly any possessions loose all they have - including their loved ones. Do you never read the news, informing you of tens or even hundreds of thousands perishing there in flooding disasters ? In an area where the Government has hardly any funds for helping disaster victims.

That in contrast to a rich USA with relative rich people and ample support funding.

It is not I who has no compassion for what happened in New Orleans. It seems more that it is you and your fellow gringo's who have no compassion for what happens in the rest of the world !!!

(And that is precisely what I pointed at in the first place... )

:rolleyes:

·
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jul 8, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis

Do you never read the news, informing you of tens or even hundreds of thousands perishing there in flooding disasters ? In an area where the Government has hardly any funds for helping disaster victims.

That in contrast to a rich USA with relative rich people and ample support funding.

It is not I who has no compassion for what happened in New Orleans. It seems more that it is you and your fellow gringo's who have no compassion for what happens in the rest of the world !!!

(And that is precisely what I pointed at in the first place ...)

:rolleyes:

·

No, I do not "never read the news." :D

Did you read these links? I'll repost them so you can comprehend them.

United States Is Largest Donor of Foreign Aid, Report Says

American Generosity is Underappreciated

Despite Economic Dip, Giving Rose in 2007 - washingtonpost.com

Secondly, as a SOVREIGN nation, should the taxpayor's dollars help its own citizens and immediate neighbors first before sending money abroad? Or do you consider US taxpayors' money the world's?

Again charity is given freely, in the US not by tax coercion, but by private giving - see the heritage link.
    -

Jul 8, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Secondly, as a SOVREIGN nation, should the taxpayor's dollars help its own citizens and immediate neighbors first before sending money abroad? Or do you consider US taxpayors' money the world's?
    Again charity is given freely, in the US not by tax coercion, but by private giving - see the heritage link.
    Again you clearly show that you do not (want to) "get" what I was stated. I did not mention any actual amounts or actions in foreign aid.

It was you who suggested that I have no compassion for what happened in New Orleans.
    I clearly explained instead why it is much more you and your fellow gringo's who have no compassion for what happens in the rest of the world!!

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :rolleyes: :D

·

Jul 8, 2008, 07:16 PM
    I see you have not seen the "proof" - or just don't comprehend what the links state.

BTW Americans are more than just "gringos"

And you have not answered my question

do you consider US taxpayors' money the world's?

Because you are getting awfully self righteous about what I do with the money I earn. ;)
    -

Jul 8, 2008, 07:21 PM
    And you have not answered my question
    Once again : it was you who suggested that I have no compassion for what happened in New Orleans.
    I clearly explained instead why it is much more you and your fellow gringo's who have no compassion for what happens in the rest of the world!! Don't try to change the subject when you realize that you are totally wrong...

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :rolleyes: :D

·
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 07:42 PM
    "Gringo"... so cred... are you a racist against American citizens?
    -

Jul 9, 2008, 02:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    "Gringo"...so cred...are you a racist against American citizens?
    No bushg ! I lived in Middle America for several years and every US American there is called a gringo, without any racial connotations. It refers to everyone living north of the Rio Grande.

Ergo your suggestion is completely based on your own incorrect conclusion.

Seems to me more a case of your own utter frustration and huge inferiority/superiority complex...

:D :D :D :D :D

·
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    No bushg ! I lived in Middle America for several years and every US American there is called a gringo, without any racial connotations. It refers to everyone living north of the Rio Grande.

Ergo your suggestion is completely based on your own incorrect conclusion.
    I have never heard anybody called gringo except for on TV seems to me a case of your own stereo typing of America which I have seen you do time and time again. (Too many American western movies for you Cred?? :D)
    I lived in Texas for 5 years too and never heard anybody called a gringo.
    So saying every US American there is called a gringo is a big generalization from you Credo.

Gringo can be taken as derogatory just as the N word can be taken as derogatory or not depending on who is saying it mostly and/or the context.

At one time Hunkie, wetback, gringo and other words were not taken as derogatory for the most part but the past 10 years or so any questionable terms have become considered hate speech by many.
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Gringo - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

No, once again just calling like I "read" it... of course you like to put your spin on everything and make huge assumptions about everyone else's frame of mind.:confused:

You know it is used in a negative fashion.:( If you were talking to one of us uninformed Americans face to face you would not dare to use that term. But then again you may... you do not seem to go by the rules as most everyone else. ;)

Maybe some of the christans will start a prayer circle for you, it could help rid you of all those obvious monkeys on your back. :eek:

Cred try to have a peacful day. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 06:48 AM
    ERGO:
    Bushg GREENIE :D!!

Gringo - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

No, once again just calling like I "read" it...of course you like to put your spin on everything and make huge assumptions about everyone elses frame of mind.:confused:

:)

Chalk it up to 'lost in translation' cause Credo's spin is never the problem.
    -

Jul 9, 2008, 08:19 AM
    inthebox , N0help4u , bushg : I provided the definition used by Spanish speaking Latin-Americans south of the Rio Grande, who use the term GRINGO for every person north of the Rio Grande.

I have little problem neither with the definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary :
    Gringo - a foreigner in Spain or Latin America especially when of English or American origin; broadly : a non-Hispanic person.

The entire issue here was the 04:42 AM post of today by bushg who stated :
    "Gringo"...so cred...are you a racist against American citizens?

Now tell me please : WHERE IS THAT "RACIST" PART IN EITHER DESCRIPTIONS ???

All you three are doing is spewing your paranoia based intolerant aggression venom!

What a clowns you three are...

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

·
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 08:25 AM
    I tolerate you with glee... that is why I read some of your post:D
    Have a peaceful day:)
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 08:28 AM
    It CAN be meant as disparaging/derogatory therefore it has become a 'politically incorrect' word to use in the USA

Gringo
    One entry found.

Gringo

Main Entry:
    Grin·go Listen to the pronunciation of gringo
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈgriŋ-(ˌ)gō\
    Function:
    Noun
    Inflected Form(s):
    Plural gringos
    Etymology:
    Spanish, alteration of griego Greek, stranger, from Latin Graecus Greek
    Date:

often disparaging : a foreigner in Spain or Latin America especially when of English or American origin; broadly : a non-Hispanic person

Dis·par·age (d-sprj)
    Tr.v. dis·par·aged, dis·par·ag·ing, dis·par·ag·es
    1. To speak of in a slighting or disrespectful way; belittle. See Synonyms at decry.
    2. To reduce in esteem or rank.

De·rog·a·to·ry (d-rg-tôr, -tr)
    adj.
    1. Disparaging; belittling: a derogatory comment.
    2. Tending to detract or diminish.
    -

Jul 9, 2008, 08:43 AM
    I tolerate you with glee...that is why I read some of your post:D
    Have a peaceful day:)
    Noted... You too !

:D

·

Jul 9, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Gringo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gringo (feminine, gringa) is a term in the Spanish and Portuguese languages used in some countries of Latin America to refer to white foreigners from different cultures, particularly English-speakers, and especially from the United States, although it can also refer to people from Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other countries, including in some cases other countries of Latin America itself.[1][2][3]
    I have lived in multiple places east of the Mississippi River never been called a gringo by a person of Hispanic origin... could be because I'm not Caucasian. I wonder if blacks get called gringo? :cool:
    -

Jul 10, 2008, 03:09 AM
    ... could be because I'm not Caucasian. I wonder if blacks get called gringo?
    You wonder... Aaaaaahhhhh : so the original accusing suggestive question by Bushg to me in #25
    "Gringo"... so cred... are you a racist against American citizens?
    and all that followed that false accusation from your side was not based on what I stated (and properly explained later) but on your own racial frustrations.

Thank you for pointing that out !!!

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

·
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Cred
    Wow, you sure do twist peoples words... you are a master...
    It was not I that said a word (gringo) that could be taken out of racial context but you.

I merely asked if you were racist a YES or NO would have sufficed, but once again you went on a rampage about people having an inferiority complex instead of merely answering the question that was asked.

If I need explain further "Gringo" was not a term that I have ever heard... so when I looked it up it said " disparging" that is why I questioned if you were against Americans... I did not say white Americans, or Americans of color... JUST Americans.

I think I made myself clear... so I will do with this post of yours like I do the rest... watch you spin, twist everyone's words... chuckle:D

*edit*
    Lol pray tell me how I am racially frustrated... you have accused me of being frustrated because I can't debate with you over MY religion... which I might add I DON'T have a religion just like I DON'T have racial frustrations... you must not sleep much at night too busy spinning flase claims. :) May peace enter your life you poor twisted soul. Go away Cred your charges are unfounded and annoying like a pesky fly.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Cred
    You never answered Inthebox's question... do black people get called "gringos" or do you just reserve that for white people?
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Cred
    Wow, you sure do twist peoples words...you are a master...
    It was not I that said a word (gringo) that could be taken out of racial context but you.

I merely asked if you were racist a yes or no would have sufficed, but once again you went on a rampage about people having an inferior complex instead of merely answering the question that was asked.

If I need explain further "Gringo" was not a term that I have never heard...so when I looked it up it said " disparging" that is why I questioned if you were against Americans... I did not say white Americans, or Americans of color...Just Americans.

I think I made my self clear...so I will do with this post of yours like I do the rest...watch you spin, twist everyones words..... chuckle:D

Yep he sure is the master
    He can't even admit that his statement could even be remotely considered disparagement/derogatory
    Can't even admit he made a generalization (which he is sure to point out & make a big issue out of when others make such generalizations.
    Can't admit that we may have a valid point because that would make us right which would make him wrong -in his perception.
    Can't understand there can be two sides of looking at things and seeing them different -everything has to be black & white to Cred0.

P.S. Don't nobody else go on a rampage that is -BABBLE!
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Notice the title of his thread... but yet he seems more interested in BASHING America... (I wonder if leaders of other countries ask that their higher power bless them).. odd don't you think and then he uses a term "GRINGO" to describe us Americans... just called it like I saw it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted [ 5 Answers ]

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted what are possible cause codes are p0601 and p0445

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

p0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction on mazda melinia s 1996 83k?what is the next stip? I cleared the check engine light and it went off ,and after 60miles driving it cames back again?why and how can I fix it ? Also what is the cheapest way to reset...

Should governments intervine? [ 1 Answers ]

Do yo think goverments should intevine in the UK housing market? Are governments helping to resolve market failure? Theories and hypothesis? Thanks:)

View more questions Search