Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mboyle0928 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Wireless filters for rotary phones
    How can I connect a wireless filter to an old rotary phone?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 08:21 AM
    You may need to post more details. Does the phone lack a modular plug?
    mboyle0928 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 08:59 AM
    The phone does not have a modular plug
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2007, 09:06 AM
    I agree more details are necessary. What exactly are you trying to do.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 10:48 AM
    I you are wanting to connect a modular device to an old hard wired phone, the easiest thing to do is upgrade the phone and its junction box to modular. Buy a modular cord and a modular junction box. Cut one end off the cord. Open up the bottom of phone and disconnect the old cord making sure you can tell what colors go where. Often things are marked R, G, Y, and B for red, green, yellow, and black. Connect the wires from the new cord to the correct terminals. Remove the old junction box and connect the wires to the new box. You can now plug in any modular device.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rotary switch wiring diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased an old rotary switch, unfortunately without a wiring diagram. It has four settings (off, low, med, hi), and four wiring poles. Contacts rotate at two levels and connect the poles as shown in the attached JPG. My question is how to wire this thing (I assume there are three incoming...

Wiring a 3 speed fan switch (mechanical rotary type) [ 1 Answers ]

My Hampton Bay pedestal fan has a 3 speed rotary switch that broke apart. I was able to reconstruct it but I'm not sure of the wiring. It's terminals are labeled with L, 1, 2, 3 and I have black, white, brown and red wires coming from the fan motor. I'm pretty sure "L" is the black wire but...

Mystery Rotary Clock [ 1 Answers ]

Mother has an old Mystery Rotary Clock sometimes referred to as a Tape Measure Clock. It is greenish and has a Patent # of D95184. There is a document with it stating it was purchased new for $2. 49; it was worth $55.00 in 1941. Can you tell me when it was made and what it might be worth today? ...

Toluene used on a rotary evaporator [ 1 Answers ]

Why does fat dissolve in toluene but water does not when put on a rotary evaporator? any help would be great.thanx

Child support for Rotary Exchange Students [ 4 Answers ]

I have a daugter whom I have physical custody of. She spent the past year in Ecuador as a Rotary Exchange student. The New York State family court ruled in my exhusbands favor to cut out child support while she attended her senior year of high school there. She left my home in August and I lost...

View more questions Search