Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edpa painter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2017, 12:24 PM
    Blower blowing fuses Blower on af92mpe125u58
    Af92mpe125u58 furnace starts up and runs fine until the blower kicks on then it blows the main 15amp fuse. So what should I look for or just got ahead replace blower motor?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2017, 01:29 PM
    Could be the motor but, make sure the start/run capacitor is good. Sometimes a bad capacitor will cause the breaker to trip because the motor draws a lot of startup current. Could also be a weak breaker. Breakers are $4-10, capacitors about the same. Cheaper than a motor!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payne house ac blowing hot air-outside blower/fan working but blowing out cool air [ 0 Answers ]

My central a/c unit is blowing hot air. The outside unit & fan seems to be working but cool air is blowing out of the unit. The unit was working fine most of the day. A circuit breaker was tripped and the outside unit stopped working. I reset the breaker and the outside unit started working again...

Dodge ram a/c blower NOT blowing [ 19 Answers ]

I have a 02 Dodge Ram.. . here's the short version. A/C was working great. Fan shut off, fan came on, approx 1 minute later fan shut off, 2 minutes later fan came on... did this about 5 times until it didn't come back on again. A/C light was still on, Compressor kicks on and I can feel cold air...

Blower keep blowing on furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,before I ask my question I want to make sure someone is here. Since the last entry that is see is back in jaunary. Thanks Bonnie

Fuses,relays,blower motor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 96' ford contour and the heat/defoster stopped blowing out heat.I checked the corresponding fuse(for a blower motor) and it was not blown.The maintaince book also says there is a heater fan motor(is this different than just a blower motor?) that runs off a relay is it possible the relay is...

A/C outdoor blower unit won't engage to begin each summer - fuses? How do I replace? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Rheem combined gas furnace and electric A/C system, probably of early 1980s manufacture (the building was built in 1980, and this is probably original equipment). This is my first residence with central A/C, so forgive my ignorance. When I first moved in, neither the heater...

View more questions Search