Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2021, 06:03 AM
    The Loonie Bin Has Another Occupant
    Biden Administration Could Pay Illegal Immigrant Families Separated at Border $450,000 Per Person in Settlements.

The Biden administration is considering issuing payments to immigrant families that were separated at the southern border under the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensation, for a total payout that could cost the government more than $1 billion, according to a new report.

People familiar with the matter told the Wall Street Journal that the U.S. Departments of Justice, Homeland Security and Health and Human Services are weighing the payments as they work to resolve lawsuits claiming that the government subjected parents and children to lasting psychological trauma.
    Only in a government environment where money is in endless supply could such insanity be considered for even two seconds.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...n-settlements/
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2021, 04:54 PM
    I know a way illegals could really diminish the risk of putting their children in danger . Stop crossing the border illegally and come into the country legally through ports of entry Maybe not break the law as the first act they perform in the country they claim to want to start a new life in. Every immigrant who came here legally must be feeling like a chump
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2021, 06:07 AM
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2021, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I know a way illegals could really diminish the risk of putting their children in danger . Stop crossing the border illegally and come into the country legally through ports of entry
    Are the ports of entry well publicized as to location? How many are there and where are they? Are they sufficiently staffed? Is there nearby temporary housing for immigrants before they begin their journey into the US (to where?)?
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2021, 11:14 AM
    None of those questions should be of concern because to cross legally they need to have applied for visas in their own countries . That makes for an orderly process.
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2021, 11:45 AM
    Yes Tom, but that could not be used as an excuse, nor can it be used to place blame on America.
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2021, 02:55 PM
    The amazing thing is that Biden, just days ago, denied that any such plan was being considered. He referred to it as "garbage" and said, "That's not gonna happen."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btj62uL42XQ
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2021, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    None of those questions should be of concern because to cross legally they need to have applied for visas in their own countries . That makes for an orderly process.
    Do they know that's a requirement?
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2021, 04:56 PM
    well probably not because Quid put out the welcome mat. Really if they were being denied entry ,they would know soon enough and the word would spread .
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2021, 04:58 PM
    Really if they were being denied entry ,they would know soon enough and the word would spread .
    Exactly right. It's like seeing a cop with a speeder pulled over. Everyone checks their speedometers and slows down accordingly.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2021, 05:38 PM
    They need to know about visas before they leave home.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2021, 05:55 PM
    Everyone knows that if they want to immigrate to ANY other nation or work in that nation that they need visa or similar approval BEFORE they leave for that nation Unless there are specific agreements between nations (ie you can travel inside the EU if you are a European. 28 nations share that interstate agreement (the Schengen Agreement). The US has no such agreements .When I lived in NY I had occasion to travel into Canada .I had to follow the rules to cross the border . Why is that such a hard concept to follow ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2021, 06:08 PM
    I've traveled many times into Canada. No visa was ever needed.

I'm betting most of the poor immigrants and refugees from southern climes have no idea what a visa is.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2021, 07:15 PM
    I did not say I needed a visa .I said I had to follow the rules . Americans can visit Canada up to 6 months on a passport . Do you think the rules are so lax for moving to Canada or working there ?
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2021, 07:27 PM
    I decided to answer that myself

If I want to go to Canada to work I need a work permit . To get a work permit I must have an offer by a Canadian company BEFORE I apply
    My future employer must. have a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
    I MUST HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS TO PROVIDE FOR MYSELF AND ANY FAMILY MEMBERS MOVING WITH ME
    I must not have a criminal record
    AND
    I MUST BE OF GOOD HEALTH .

There are no permanent work permits To stay after a period of time I need to apply for permanent residency .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2021, 08:29 PM
    Tomder, if you were born and raised in Guatemala with minimal (or any) education, you'd have no clue about visas, much less how to get one.
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2021, 09:04 PM
    If there was a wall, then in a matter of months the word would spread that you cannot enter the U.S. without a visa.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2021, 09:24 PM
    That's an awful lot of spreading over a huge area populated by far-flung populations. And we now know a wall is useless.
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2021, 02:55 AM
    Tomder, if you were born and raised in Guatemala with minimal (or any) education, you'd have no clue about visas, much less how to get one.
    That is quite a condescending attitude but typical of progressives . In my time as a production manager I hired hundreds of immigrants who all had green cards to legally work in the US Most of them were from central America; Guatemalans included . I gladly hired them because they were hard workers who showed up ,were willing to learn ,and were happy to be here . I always made sure their paperwork was legit verified through E-Verify .I can assure you that not only did they understand the concept of having proper visas ,they frequently asked me to give them job letters so they could support family members visa applications .
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2021, 05:44 AM
    And we now know a wall is useless.
    How do you know that?

What a low, dim view you have of Central Americans, that they are so dumb and backwards that they can't understand the process of applying for a visa. Wow. I'd suggest you give them more credit than that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Occupant's right NJ [ 3 Answers ]

I have Friend that Lives with His girl fiend, She has just Died this weekend. He has lived with her for 10yrs or more. Her family is forcing him out 3 days after her death what rights dose he have as an occupant. He Knows that He will have to leave But dose NJ law give him more time to vacate the...

Occupant [ 6 Answers ]

If a lease has expired and the tenant and occupants are now paying month to month with no verbal or written agreement, can the tenant go to court to have an occupant evicted?

Occupant Law [ 4 Answers ]

I live in New York State with my boyfriend. We found our apartment together, we've lived together for 10 years, but this is the first time that I am not listed as a Tenant on the lease. I am listed as an Occupant. I have paid 1/2 of the security deposit plus 1/2 of the rent using my checks, 1/2...

Responsilility of an Occupant [ 1 Answers ]

My DAD renewed his lease which went into effect on April 1, 2008. He passed away on May 10, 2008. I lived with him and was listed on the lease as "occupant". Due to his untimely death, I am no longer able to stay. I spoke with the Property Manager and explained situation to her, and wrote a letter...

Authorized occupant [ 2 Answers ]

My mother in law has a live in friend who does not have a rental agreement or any thing close she is term ill now, she wants him out of the house what are his rights we live in va

View more questions Search