Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TaTa3106 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 03:25 PM
    My Husband Brought a Truck have bill of sale no title
    In October my husband brought a truck, the person gave him a bill of sale and signed it but he said the title was in another state and he would have to get it and send it to us. We have never received it. What legally can we do if anything?

Thanks

TATA
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2008, 03:54 PM
    First of all your husband was not thinking too straight when he just got the bill of sale and no title. Unless this other character actually sends the title to the other guy, you will have to contact the police as this is essentially a fraud and theft of money situation. Also at any point in time this other guy can claim the truck is stolen as you do not have title.

How did you ever get plates on this vehicle? I'm still scratching my head on that one.

Your first step should be to see if this truck is stolen or not. Your husband may have purchased a hot truck and not know it. Receiving stolen property has swell penalties. Do not drive it until it is checked out otherwise you will be visiting hubby at the hotel grey bar.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 05:33 PM
    The title is the only true sale instrument on a truck. The truck my have a loan on it still, the other person may not even own the truck.

But yes, call the police and report it, they can run the VIN and see if it is stolen. Next you will have to file a law suit against the person who sold you the truck.
    kd ramsey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 06:50 PM
    I have a 1938 ford truck . It has been started to be built into a street rod. I have no title and the truck has no vin #s how do I get a virginia title for this truck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Deed Sale Title Question... Marketable title? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody was familiar with titles from tax deed sales. I am a beginner to the topic, but just was looking for some advice from some of you real-estate savvy experts out there. My question is about the title of a deed bought from a tax sale... How do you find out...

Can I get a title if the seller doesn't send me the title but I have the bill of sales [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a used car from a private seller. She just paid off the loan and the lienhold is going to send her the title. She said she is going to sign on the title and send it back to me for the transfer of the ownership. I already got the car. As she is in England right now and I'm in...

Bill of sale fraud? [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a car 9 days ago and I found out today the person I bought the car from lied to me. He said the car was his step fathers and even wrote me a bill of sale staing I bought this car from his step father... this was the supposed son and he was selling for his step dad. The supposed step dad...

Bill of Sale Vehicle Registration [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, here's my deal... I bought a car, the guy didn't have the title... but a bill of sale was written out and signed by both parties... can I use JUST my bill of sale to register my car? Or do I NEED the title? And if I do need the title, how do I get one? PS This is in California

Sale of truck-journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

Company sold a used truck for 24,000. Original cost 62,000 and total depreciation of 18,000. Prepare journel entry to record sale of truck I got Dr Acc. Depreciation 18,000 DR cash 24,000 DR lost of sale 20,000 Cr truck 62,000

View more questions Search