Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kezzy5 Posts: 212, Reputation: 4

Mar 2, 2015, 08:03 PM
    woke up, felt a bit awful
    As I woke up, as felt a bit awful. I Will get to the point, with this eating thing I can change my ways cant I, and I mean by that is not looking at calories,not making myself sick. Can I snap out of this, as I go through stages like this all the time. And I'm not sure if I'm approaching this issue well, but can't I just try and not do it even though it a habit. And I have enforced it into my daily life.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 2, 2015, 08:07 PM
    This is hard to do on your own. Especially at your age. Counseling is recommended.

Mar 2, 2015, 08:32 PM
    Okay thank you. And I hve recently mentioned it to her actually.
    hopefulempathy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2015, 04:07 PM
    I really hope you've found a way into recovery through therapy or other means. It's a sick disease and it takes over your mind quickly. I struggle with it myself. When I am in recovery, I have to make the conscious effort to NOT let those demon voices in my head take control. Change the way you talk to yourself and the way you let yourself think. Even if you don't believe it, repeating good things over and over will eventually take control. From there on out, you just need to be aware that you are going to have work on this for the rest of your life. I don't want that to sound horrible either. Overcoming something like this is a serious accomplishment and is something to be proud of because most people will suffer, if not just on and off, for the rest of their lives. It's also not something to be ashamed of. Realizing these things are important to remember as you're fighting it. Please stay strong and continue counseling.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2015, 09:07 PM
    You have quite a bit of stuff happening in your life, correct? Just looking at your previous posts shows that. What's the ultimate goal right now? What does the therapist think the ultimate goal is?

May 22, 2015, 03:59 AM
    Thank you both, and my counsloer doesn't really talk about it as its not her area as such, and she gets worried, but with CAHMS I am working through, she says I need to be nice to myself more. But for the past 4 days I have only eat cereal and toast and bit of chocolate just don't want tea and I look at it and can't Eat it.
    Expert

May 22, 2015, 04:19 AM
    What is CAHMS?

May 22, 2015, 04:21 AM
    CAHMS is a mental health organisation for young people.
    Expert

May 22, 2015, 04:44 AM
    If your counselor isn't prepared to deal with your problem you need a different counselor.

May 22, 2015, 04:54 AM
    She kind of let's me talk about it she prefers if I leave it to the professionals?
    Expert

May 22, 2015, 05:10 AM
    Isn't she one of those professionals?

May 22, 2015, 05:15 AM
    Not in the area of eating disorders

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I woke up from my nap and once I got up I felt like vomiting what can it be? [ 4 Answers ]

It was like around 7 that I woke up and got up from bed once I was up I felt this really bad feeling of vomiting it lasted up to 10 minutes .

I feel bad after turning down a guy- but I felt he was a bit obsessive: advice [ 5 Answers ]

I went out with a group of friends and one of my friends brought along his guy friend. We talked and danced a little bit but that's as far as it went. He seemed nice and intelligent and he's friends with a friend of mine, so I thought it was fine to give him my number. But, then I noticed he became...

28 bit or 48 bit LBA Hard Drive? [ 2 Answers ]

I was told that if I do a fresh install of the original Windows XP, I will create a 28 bit LBA hard drive, that cannot be changed to a 48 bit hard drive, even if I update XP to Service Pack 1, 2, or 3. After hours of reading, it is my understanding that 48 bit LBA hard drives are "manufactured"...

Shouders felt heavy, neck felt been pressed, fingers shaking automatically , WHY ? [ 1 Answers ]

My niece recently felt her neck been pressed (but actually nobody nearby ), and her shoulders felt heavy, as if there is some heavy loads on her shoulders. Sometimes fingers of her right palm shake automatically... What's wrong with her ?

View more questions Search