Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megan d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Furnace Runs, but only produces cool air
    My furnace will kick on but it is not blowing out hot air. The thermostat is set at 73 but the actual house temperature is reading at 53. The thermostat is set to heat. I can hear that the furnace is running, but it is just blowing out cold air. Is there something that I can do myself to fix this or should I just have a professional look at it?
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 19, 2008, 07:23 PM

Read the faq it may guide you to a repair

Identify your furnace so you know what to look for.

Most newer units have a status light that may give insite to the fault

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Air-Conditioner Compressor runs, No cool air [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Our Amana 8709088812 was working well. The cool air stopped but the compressor stayed on. We called a repair person and they replaced a fan. It worked for a short time and the same thing happened so they came back and replaced a second fan. They said there is a fan for intake and one for...

Intertherm Inc. Model 9007590 heating/ac unit fan runs constantly when on 'cool'. [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved into a mobile home that has an Intertherm Inc. Model 9007590 Heating/Cooling unit. I am trying to use the AC and when I turn both the thermostat and the unit to 'cool' the fan will not shut off on the unit. I have turned the thermostat up to 80 and it still runs. How do I get it...

Furnace blowing cool air [ 2 Answers ]

A Goodman furnace was recently installed in the flat that I rent. The problem is it is going on and off 24/7 and during it's cycle it goes like this: furnace starts up for about 20 seconds, the gas jets ignite for another 20 seconds, then blower turns on and begins to first blow cool air for...

Gas Dryer runs cool [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool ModLGC7848DQO gas dryer that was working fine until the door sense switch actuator broke off. I took the dryer apart, find the piece of metal I needed to replace and installed the replacement. While I had the dryer all apart, I sweeped out all the lint. After putting the dryer...

View more questions Search