Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyg18 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Can I go to jail for this.
    I am 18, I go with a 15 year old mexican. We have a baby on the way and people say that I can go to jail for dating him. But we stated dating when I was 17, so is this true?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 10:02 AM
    It depends on how old you were when you conceived... Also it depends on the laws where you live... this is kind of a reverse of what we typically see. Its illegal to have sex with a minor, not date them necessarily. So if the sex occured/occurs while you are 18, then things change...

Aug 21, 2007, 10:39 AM
    I was 18 when I conceived.So it don't matter if we were 17 when we started dating.

Aug 21, 2007, 10:41 AM
    I was 18.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 10:42 AM
    What state do you live in?

If you began a sexual relationship (ANY sexual contact not just intercourse) with him and you were older then the age of consent you most certainly can be in trouble.

Aug 21, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Ga
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 10:47 AM
    The age of consent in GA is 16. If you were having a sexual relationship (again any sexual contact) with this boy before you got pregnant yes, you are in trouble. What you did is called statutory rape.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 21, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Glinda is right. YOU engaged in sexual intercourse with a minor. He was 15 at the time which is under the age of consent for GA. So you committed statutory rape.

Aug 21, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Even if he is 16 know.

Aug 21, 2007, 10:51 AM
    It doesn't matter what he is now. It matters what age he was when you started molesting him.

Aug 21, 2007, 10:56 AM
    I wasn't molesting him, we go together. My famliy and his famliy. Plus what if we get married.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Technically since he was under the age of consent yes you were molesting him that is how the courts will look at it.

Aug 21, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babyg18
    I wasnt molesting him, we go together. My famliy and his famliy. Plus wat if we get married.
    You aren't paying attention. It is ILLEGAL to have sex with a person under the age of consent. It doesn't matter whether he was willing or not, since he was under the age of consent, he could not, legally, give his consent. Therefore, you molested him in the eyes of the law. When you give birth and list the father, this will probably be reported to the authorities.

Aug 21, 2007, 11:14 AM
    So what do I do know.

Aug 21, 2007, 11:19 AM
    NOW (not know) you get an attorney to advise you. Its possible if you marry (you will need the permission of his parents) it might prevent prosecution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marrind someone in jail [ 13 Answers ]

:( my boyfriend is in jail (not prison) right now but we want to get married right away how can I do this I can't find any info on the web about jail weddings only prisons

Am I going to jail? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old and I worked for a small baby store . I was the manager if the store for about 5 months during those five momths I was taking money from the till, I wanted to pay it off but it got ot late and I was fired , and I was fired last week and I was suppose to come up with 7,500 but...

Will I go to jail tomorrow [ 4 Answers ]

Got arrested on cocaine charges vilolate parole 2 year ago out on bail go to court mon. for violation that I ran from you think judge will revoke bail and violate me in court tomorrow

Jail [ 2 Answers ]

I Was arested about a year and a half ago. The police came to my house I came out and they ended up taking me to jail. The news paper said That they found me sleeping on the bed next to a hand gun. Iam a ex-con, how ever the police report says that I came out peacefully witch it the truth. Can I do...

Jail Sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend who is in jail. She was put on an ACD in April of last year (for a year) for beating up her sister, because her sister pressed charges against her. But in November she broke her ACD by beating up her sister again and was sent to jail. She has been in there ever since (4 months)....

View more questions Search