Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazilshah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 01:38 AM
    Another wisdom tooth, dental abscess
    Hi, I am back again with another wisdom tooth pain this time the right side. I have a swelling around the wisdom tooth, doctor gave me antibiotic and said that it has to be removed. And I don't want to get rid of my another wisdom tooth, pretty soon I will run out all the wisdom in me :'(. So is there any other way like medicine treatment, last time I had very bad experience, jaw frozen, fever and lots of pain. Don't want to go through it again, took me 2 weeks to properly eat as my mouth wasn't opening. Plus the rotten antibiotic taste.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 05:42 AM

If they have to come out they have to come out... they will impact in many people and if you think you have discomfort now...

But not everyone will... a few never have them grow at all, and others have undersized partially developed ones that will never impact, but can decay and get absesses. The dentist will know what your situation is via the full mouth x-rays they will have taken.

And I would trust what your dentist tells you. They know more about it than the rest of us who never attended med school or Dental school.
    shazilshah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 12:56 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    Yeah you are right, I just hate the suffering :(
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 01:17 PM

Can't argue with that. Sometimes its best to get it over with ASAP... otherwise you drag it out and suffer longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth abscess [ 5 Answers ]

Hi: I have a tooth abscess that I accidentally discovered was draining pus. I do not have any pain, but seems to be old draining abscess. What should I do??

Tooth abscess. [ 19 Answers ]

I recently had a crown come out and had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. The dentist took an x-ray and told me I had some infection in that tooth and I'd need a root canal. I was started on antibiotics yesterday and a few hours after seeing the dentist my tooth started hurting. It's...

Abscess on Baby Tooth [ 7 Answers ]

My baby who is 2 years old in June has an abscess on his front tooth and I am worried about how the dentist can do anything with this tooth as he doesn't like anyone looking in his mouth. He just keeps prescribing antibiotics and he has had 3 lots at present. I think the abscess is due to...

Can tooth abscess cause stomach ache or pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have an abscess tooth with draining out of my inside gum into my mouth. After having the abscess, with very little pain so I did not know it was an abscess, I started to get a stomach ache especially at night. I am going to the dentist Tuesday for a root cannel fix and re application. Does...

Tooth Abscess [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Ease Pain Of A Tooth Abscess,taking Painkillers And Antibiotics, But Still Hurts Like Hell.

View more questions Search