Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donuthearts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 05:03 PM
    Odds of getting pregnant with possible menstrual cycle delay & protected sex?
    This is a bit long winded, but I want to get as much details in. My boyfriend and I practice safe sex every time, so I am very worried by the current developments.

I am 30 and my menstrual cycle has been fairly consistent except for one time when I was 18 where I missed a month. My cycle is has been 26 - 31 days.

On the 21st day of the current cycle, I had protected sex with my boyfriend who wore a condom. He pulled out and did not ejaculate inside. After removing the condom, he wiped his hands with baby wipes and played with my clitoris. He did not put his fingers inside the vagina as he was cautious that he did not wash his hands with soap. We did not check the condom after it was taken out.

Usually that's quite safe. But for this time around I have been having watery discharge from 20th - 22nd day. Some say it could be ovulation and the most fertile time to get conceived.

On the 24th day, we had protected sex again. This time he ejaculated inside the condom. We checked the condom and there was no breakage. Hours after the sex, a droplet of blood stained my panties. At first I thought it was the beginning of my cycle. 5 days have since passed and I have not gotten my period!

I later read that the droplet could be implantation bleeding.

We had sex on the 27th day, again also protected sex. This time no ejaculation. We checked the condom, there was no breakage.

On the 28th day, I suddenly lost appetite to eat and threw up several times. Some say this could be early pregnancy symptoms.

Today is 29th day, I still threw up even though I consumed nothing thus far. I feel like urinating frequently. Also due to throwing up, I feel like I need to drink constantly as I have some toxic in the kidneys and doctor advised me to drink more often. I have yet to test myself with a pregnancy kit because I think it's best to use until the 31st day at least, which is the first day of a missed period for my longest cycle.

I am wondering if the watery discharge meant a delay in my cycle?
    And is the possibility of getting pregnant under these circumstances high?

**Additional information: I also had sex on day 18th (closer to supposed ovulation), protected, no ejaculation, did not check condom. But give the droplet on day 24th, I suspect possible conception only on day 21st and also due to the discharge.
    kelsey95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Nov 8, 2011, 08:04 PM
    Yes
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2011, 08:12 PM
    Condoms have about 5 percent failure and there is sperm in the early fluids, Pregancy using only the condom is very possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Donating plasma & menstrual cycle [ 7 Answers ]

My period stops when I donate plasma on a regular basis, which is usually twice a week. I am 45 and the first time it stopped I thought it was a coincidence starting the menopause thing at the same time I started donating. But I quit donating for a couple of months and I had 2 periods. I just...

I am 24 yrs old .I had unprotected sex on 11 day of menstrual cycle my periods on 13 [ 2 Answers ]

I am 24 years old .I had unprotected sex on 11 th day of menstrual cycle my periods on 13 and sex happened on 23 on 26 and 27 I had a stomach pain and back pain .I want to know that if there is a chance for pegnancy or not

Am I pregnant?how many percent?and does laser can affect my menstrual cycle? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 2 months delayed... my last sexual contact was last January 1, 2010 and had taken an emergency pills after that. Before the month ends had my regular monthly period which lasted for 4 days... by month of February my period comes 2 times.by month of march it comes for 1 day only and had...

Can you get pregnant without having a menstrual cycle even if you've had one? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently stopped have a menstrual cycle in August 2009. I've also been taking the diet pill adapac and was wondering if that was the reason I stopped having menstrual cycles. My question is can a person still get pregnant without having a menstrual cycle?

Delay in menstrual cycle. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I am 28 years old and married. I used to get my monthly periods regularly. I was supposed to get my periods on June 30th. But till now I have not got it... its now 22 days delay. On 10th of this month I did pregnancy test . But it was showing negative result. Can you tell me what is the...

View more questions Search