Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Staci0115 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Adjusting entries using trial balance and supplemental information
    The following is a partial trial balance for the Mendoza Company as of December 31, 2004:

The Mendoza Company
    Partial Trial Balance
    December 31, 2004

Office suppley inventory $1,400 DR
    Wages payable $0 CR
    Office supply expense $36,000 DR
    Wage expense $45,500 DR

Additional information includes the following:
    a. Office supplies on hand at the year end were $1,230.
    b. The total payroll cost for the year 2004 was $50,000. At December 31, 2004, the company owed employees $4,500 for wages earned in 2004.

Record the adjusting entries required at December 31, 2004, based on the above information.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 01:51 PM

The adjusting entry will be:

A. the difference between the Office Supplies account and what is actually on hand
    Debit Office Supplies Expense for the difference
    Credit Office Supplies for the difference.

Note: The ending amount in your Office Supplies Account should be your ending inventory.

B: You need to Debit Wage expense for 4,500
    And Credit Wages Payable for 4,500

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trial Balance & Adjusting Entries [ 9 Answers ]

I'm in extreme need of help for an accounting class that I am taking. To say I'm bad in accounting is an understatement, but here goes the question that I need help with. "Included in Martinez Company’s December 31 trial balance is a note receivable of $10,000. The note is a 4-month, 12%...

Adjusting entires, closing entries, post-closing trial balance [ 12 Answers ]

I need to know what an adjusting entry, closing entry, and a post-closing trial balance look like. I will give you the figures of you need them.

Adjusting Trial Balance [ 4 Answers ]

Hey people, just wondering if you could help me out. I had to do an online quiz and it confused the hell out of me. :confused: Cause no matter what I did (even when doing exactly what the book said, it was wrong) Scenic Tours Limited's unadjusted trial balance is presented below. SCENIC TOURS...

Trial Balance Preparation and Adjusting Entries [ 1 Answers ]

Dear AskMeHelpDesk Community ! Good day!I'm Tristan from the Philippines. I just want to ask your help regarding my problem in my accounting subject. Actually this accounting problem makes me nuts and crazy because I can't figure out the exact answers. Her goes the problem; Dear...

View more questions Search