Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rturner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Sink runs water from dishwasher
    When my dishwasher drains, the water runs out the vent on my kitchen sink. Why?
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Mar 4, 2007, 07:34 PM
    It is partially clogged with food particles. The cap should unscrew. Take a look in there, it probably has some "nasties" in it. A baby bottle brush or something similar can be used to clean it out. Pour some HOT water in behind the scrubbing to help loosen that junk up.

Good Luck,
    Stew
    Lin205 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2013, 12:28 PM
    Also check under your sink where the dishwasher pipework connects. Make sure the pipe is straight up.

Good luck
    LIn

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink Gurgles when Sump Runs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sump in my basement that collects discharge water from my washer, furnace, and water softner. The sump pumps the water straight up to the ceiling, where it ties into septic system. All the water drains to my septic tank/field outside. The kitchen sink upstairs gurlges every time the...

Gas Hot Water Heater runs out of water [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Gas Hot Water Heater in my house 50 gallon I believe. It runs out of water after about 5 minutes and the water does not seem as hot as it should be (It's turned to 3 on a max scale of 4 on the heater). The pilot light is on. Can you tell me what might cause the hot water to...

No water to kitchen sink or dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced faucet "ball" 12 months ago. Worked fine. Recently, no water flowing from kitchen faucet nor is adequate/any water flowing to dishwasher. One afternoon hot water only flowed with normal pressure from faucet, but has since stopped. Very small trickle of water from from sink sprayer,...

No water from sink after installing dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a house that was built in the early 1900s so the piping is really old and I didn't want to chance breaking anything so I went the cheap way out and I didn't sodder anything. I took the hose off from my hot water and added a T pipe that screws on to where the hose used to be. Left side...

No hot water in kitchen sink or dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

There is no hot water in the kitchen sink. If you let it flow on high for a few minutes, it gets tepid. I have felt the water in the dishwasher in the middle of a cycle and it is cold. The hot water is fine in the 3 bathrooms. We have tried flushing the hot water heater, but that did not help. Any...

View more questions Search