Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2020, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Why did he have to "WRITE A BOOK" to get his story to have any interest? Is it not obvious to all that WRITING A BOOK IS TO MAKE $$$s
    Sorta like tRump? -- 'ceptin' he didn't even write it but still got the money from it.

Is it not obvious to all that WRITING A BOOK IS TO MAKE $$$s
    No, that's not necessarily true. I wrote (and was published by legit publishers) three books on Texas history and three journal articles on a Chicago landmark and on Asperger's Syndrome in order to educate and inform. Making money was the least of my concerns.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2020, 04:36 PM
    I think Bolton is worth listening to, just like I think the Uke PM and FM are worth listening to. Of course we have no idea what Bolton actually knows or what he really said. We do know exactly what the PM and FM said.

WG, what were you book and article titles? I'd like to take a look at them. Congrats to you for being a published author.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2020, 06:23 PM
    W.G.: Now, now: You know Bolton is not that HONOR BOUND.....the left has always hated Bolton...but, somehow, the left now is holding him up as the pillar of righteousness and integrity! COME ON!!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2020, 06:30 PM
    W.G.: Now, now: You know Bolton is not that HONOR BOUND.....the left has always hated Bolton...but, somehow, the left now is holding him up as the pillar of righteousness and integrity! COME ON!!!
    He was writing that book long before the word impeachment was in any conversation. What did he witness and what did he hear that tRump doesn't want him to testify about?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2020, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    He was writing that book long before the word impeachment was in any conversation. What did he witness and what did he hear that tRump doesn't want him to testify about?
    The work of the NSA is secret. Bolton knows this, this is just payback and extortion
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2020, 08:25 PM
    Latest news out about Bolton is not good for him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 29, 2020, 10:03 PM
    The dufusites are on a mission.

Jan 30, 2020, 09:05 AM
    jlisenbe: Yes, just heard: Bolton already was interviewed, some time ago, and said that "TRUMP CALLS TO UKRAINE" were all good, nothing bad....he is contradicting himself and looking like he is trying to get revenge for getting his arse fired....Bolton is a NeoCon and a warmongerer, Trump picked up on his proclivities and told him to hit the bricks....I don't think Trump, for all his other personality traits, is a war lover or even a POTUS who wants a huge U.S. Military footprint.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2020, 09:21 AM
    .I don't think Trump, for all his other personality traits, is a war lover or even a POTUS who wants a huge U.S. Military footprint.
    I am all in favor of reducing our overseas military commitments. Time to let the rest of the world start picking up more of the tab.
    Expert

Jan 30, 2020, 11:32 AM
    I suppose raising the rates of our military being a security service for the world is a good idea on a fiscal level. The rich nations can afford it, but some of those poorer ones cannot so too bad for them.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2020, 11:48 AM
    Which poorer ones? France? Japan? Germany? England? We must cut spending and defense is a good place to start.

Jan 30, 2020, 11:56 AM
    Talaniman: No, I don't think anybody is saying to "abandon" the poorer nations but get some of these richer nations (GERMANY!) to get up off their dead arses and help out a little more. We might even want to think about some country like Brazil getting more involved. Too bad Vlad and Russia have tainted their image so bad that nobody trust them anymore but they ought to be relied on more, too but maybe that is asking too much.
    Expert

Jan 30, 2020, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Which poorer ones? France? Japan? Germany? England? We must cut spending and defense is a good place to start.
    That's what Clinton did to start balancing the budget, but that was before Bush came along with two off the books wars, and rich guy tax cuts for 10 years. Let me know when that changes. Let me know when you cut those poor NATO countries out too. The ones you cited don't qualify as poor and making them pony up is what's been done for a few decades now with only sporadic success.

Talaniman: No, I don't think anybody is saying to "abandon" the poorer nations but get some of these richer nations (GERMANY!) to get up off their dead arses and help out a little more. We might even want to think about some country like Brazil getting more involved. Too bad Vlad and Russia have tainted their image so bad that nobody trust them anymore but they ought to be relied on more, too but maybe that is asking too much.
    Don't forget the rat infested central American triangle.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2020, 04:49 PM
    Mayor Pete is not woke enough to know that using the word"heartland" is a dog whistle racist code for white supremacy . he tweeted :

In the face of unprecedented challenges, we need a president whose vision was shaped by the American Heartland rather than the ineffective Washington politics we’ve come to know and expect.

https://twitter.com/impeachremove/st...011393/photo/1

and this was the reaction :

Pete i'm going to ask you to stop using American Heartland == ethical.Can I tell you why?Andy Griffith was never realIndiana had a higher KKK participation than any other state.Nothing about it being DC makes it evil, it's who we send and when we stop paying attention.

Pete, Flyover Country isn't the American Heartland. It's just the place people flyover on their way to somewhere they actually want to go.

You know this is a dog whistle, right?

The coasts are where the true knowledge is at, not the backward inner part of the country.

and so on

Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2020, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    That's what Clinton did to start balancing the budget, but that was before Bush came along with two off the books wars, and rich guy tax cuts for 10 years. Let me know when that changes. Let me know when you cut those poor NATO countries out too. The ones you cited don't qualify as poor and making them pony up is what's been done for a few decades now with only sporadic success.

Don't forget the rat infested central American triangle.
    Why you think you have to defend Germany and France is a mystery, but other European countries have been known to be unable to resist invasion, so your defense of them is noble, but what do you need to defend central america from?
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2020, 05:01 PM
    and rich guy tax cuts for 10 years. Let me know when that changes
    It changed under Obama. Result: National debt doubled in only 8 years.

The ones you cited don't qualify as poor and making them pony up is what's been done for a few decades now with only sporadic success.
    Well, that was kind of the whole point.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2020, 05:30 PM
    but what do you need to defend central america from?
    It is not defending Central America as much as defending our soft underbelly .
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2020, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It is not defending Central America as much as defending our soft underbelly .
    Surely you can do that with secure borders and convincing Mexico it is in their own interests to police their borders, cartels, etc

Jan 30, 2020, 08:24 PM
    Paraclete: Having a SENSIBLE Border Protection Plan that makes takes into consideration "cases" and doesn't just broad-brush everything as being a "common-lot" would be a good start. We don't need to have any more photos of crying children snatched from their mothers. Personally, I don't want the United States in the business of ripping babies away from mothers....enough is enough.

We need to ask "how" and "why someone from Nicaragua is allowed to "pass-through" Mexico to reach the U.S. Border. That crap needs to cease.

The real big problem with Mexico: If THE MEXICANS don't have the intestinal fortitude and the NATIONAL WILL to EXTERMINATE THE DRUG CARTELS then the U.S. sure as hell can convince MEXICO to do much of anything! MEXICO should be fighting the damned cartels like their national lives depended upon it....because, you know what? MEXICO's EXISTENCE AS NATION DOES DEPEND UPON DEFEATING THESE WORTHLESS CARTELS! It makes me want to ask MEXICO: WHAT IS YOUR DAMN PROBLEM?
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2020, 10:21 PM
    Paraclete: Having a SENSIBLE Border Protection Plan that makes takes into consideration "cases" and doesn't just broad-brush everything as being a "common-lot" would be a good start. We don't need to have any more photos of crying children snatched from their mothers. Personally, I don't want the United States in the business of ripping babies away from mothers....enough is enough.

We need to ask "how" and "why someone from Nicaragua is allowed to "pass-through" Mexico to reach the U.S. Border. That crap needs to cease.

The real big problem with Mexico: If THE MEXICANS don't have the intestinal fortitude and the NATIONAL WILL to EXTERMINATE THE DRUG CARTELS then the U.S. sure as hell can convince MEXICO to do much of anything! MEXICO should be fighting the damned cartels like their national lives depended upon it....because, you know what? MEXICO's EXISTENCE AS NATION DOES DEPEND UPON DEFEATING THESE WORTHLESS CARTELS! It makes me want to ask MEXICO: WHAT IS YOUR DAMN PROBLEM?
    So Vac let me ask you, why can a US citizen cross into Mexico, or a Canadian transit the US to Mexico and someone from the south not do the same thing, providing they have the required documentation. The drug problem you speak of is a US problem, stop taking drugs and the problem goes away

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Woke up during the procedure [ 2 Answers ]

I had surgery tow weeks ago under general anesthesia but woke up during the procedure - it has been recorded in my medical notes, but would like to know what my options are in trying tp decide what to do next. Thanks

Cat woke up limping [ 4 Answers ]

My cat woke up this morning and he waslimping around the apartment. He is still eating and drinking but he is very sore. He was crying and almost dragging his leg. What should I be doing? Could this be serious? He is an indoor cat and the only one in the house.

Woke up with a bug stuck in my thigh! [ 12 Answers ]

I woke up and I walked straight into the bathroom so I could take my shower, while undressing I saw a bug-yes a bug- stuck in my thigh! I was absolutely scared, it didn't hurt but I couldn't pull it out. When I finally did it left like a little sore. Which kind of hurts. I'm not sure what kind of...

Woke up dizzy and with a headache [ 8 Answers ]

So this morning I woke up and had a slight headache. I kept hitting snooze. Then when I finally got out of bed I nearly fell over because I was so dizzy. That was at 7:20 this morning. Its now almost 9 and I'm still dizzy and I still have a headache. Not sure what could cause it... yesterday was...

View more questions Search