Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isa1111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 09:28 PM
    Does he want to be with me?
    This boy liked me since jr. yr. it is now our sr. yr and I barely started paying attention to him. We dated for about 3 weeks I broke up with him because I would never see him, he was very upset... a week later, I ask him to get back with me, he tells me he doesn't know, that I don't know what I want and he wants something serious. Anyway, later I come to find out that he has a girlfriend. (girl he was with for 2 yrs and moved to Ga. And is now back in Tx.) me being stubborn, I still keep talking to him, even thogh I know the situation. Now, people at school are starting to notice that me and him are too close... things are getting intense... I don't know what to tell him anymore. He tells me they're going to break up already because they aren't good. But what am I supposed to do wait? Hell no! But I want to be with him! I'm so IN LIKE!! It seems to be as though he don't care for his girlfriend though ,because he's always with me, I don't know maybe I should just leave it alone... *** help
    manga Posts: 92, Reputation: 10

Oct 21, 2010, 11:17 PM
    When you go back to someone for your own selfish reasons you're allowing him to negate you without giving him the opportunity to respect you. Your behavior shows him that you didn't respect the relationship he had. Why you don't know what to do is probably because you're letting your emotions run your decisions while a person that knows what they want would not react in a way for the sake of impulsive emotions.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2010, 02:52 PM
    First of all let me say woot woot for Texas, Austin here :) . Anyway... if you plan to eventually get with this guy and have a healthy relationship then the first thing you need to do is BACK OFF. If he has a relationship going on right now then you need to respect it. If he decides to break up with his girlfriend it should be HIS choice (and only his, without any of your input) because as of now you are the girl on the side. So unless you actually enjoy that then have some self-respect and either go find someone else or wait for him until he is through his current relationship. He has effectively told you that he doesn't see you as a person who he can see himself having a true relationship with because of your history of choice making and insecurity in those choices. So, right now, he might be talking to you to set up something on the side as I said before, so be careful, and do you really want to be with someone who is practically emotionally cheating on his girlfriend? You could be next... watch your step and let him make his decisions and you do yours.

Good Luck,

Javi
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 02:59 PM

You broke up with him, then wanted back with him, he then has a girlfriend ( is it long distance, you moved her around a bit)

Sounds like he is OK with you,till at least someone else comes along.
    manga Posts: 92, Reputation: 10

Oct 24, 2010, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmresd View Post
    ...want to be with someone who is practically emotionally cheating on his girlfriend? You could be next... watch your step and let him make his decisions and you do yours.
    i
    Kudos!
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Oct 24, 2010, 10:39 PM

Back off... he will respect you more! If the relationship with his girlfriend ends, let him come to you. If it doesn't, then you saved yourself some drama!
    Your age is a very hard age, confusing, and frustrating at times. Please listen to the advice because you are at an age where you are learning how to make good decisions, learning how to respect yourself, and you need to understand healthy relationships so you end up having one when you are older. SO please listen to our advice... you deserve to be happy, have fun in high school! GO be with your girlfriends... they will make you laugh rather than stress! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search