Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dw19526 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Need to find a very low priced place to buy
    I need to be out by the end of this month. I don't have a lot of money (less then $1000) and my credit is very poor, although my fiance's has almost no credit. I heard that mobile homes get repossessed and resold for cheap, but can't find them. Someone help!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 11:47 AM

Where are you? Have you called offices of mobile home parks? The parks in my area - NY - are advertising foreclosed or for rent with option to buy on a daily basis.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 11:47 AM

You could Google mobile home reposessions and see what you get in your area. You will will have to have some sort of downpayment to get a loan on one though. They are not resold for as cheap as you probably would likee them to be.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Judy has an excellent idea about calling up parks. Some areas have owners willing to do just about anything to have someone take over their home. You just might be in such an area. In Ohio there are few and none of these type of deals available as they have been snapped up long ago. Maybe your area is better.
    dw19526 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Thank you for all the responses. I was actually thinking of calling some parks today and maybe even some mobile dealers. I'm just having the issue of what questions to ask and what answers do I need. Thanks to all again
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dw19526 View Post
    Thank you for all the responses. I was actually thinking of calling some parks today and maybe even some mobile dealers. I'm just having the issue of what questions to ask and what answers do I need. Thanks to all again

If this is a question I'd be honest when you call the Park - you have bad credit, you have $X for a downpayment, what do they have available?

You may very well find some owner financing, an owner willing to take a chance on you.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 05:15 PM

Most mobile home parks actually run credit checks on prospective tenants. They eliminate a lot of people this way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find place of work [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find someone's employer free of charge

Lease will finish next month but I didn't find place to move in yet [ 2 Answers ]

We live in this one bed apartment for almost 2 years, I want to move to 2 bed apts because we are now 4 people, But I didn't find the right place yet, Do I have the right to stay until I find the place or What?

Can't find a place where I can download this music video for iPod [ 6 Answers ]

The music video I am looking for is called "remember" and it is by Presence. Itunes doesn't have it. If I use limewire, I only get the video and not the sound. Google also doesn't have it to where you can download it. I can't find anyway to get this. And I want it on my iPod SO bad. If you...

How do I find My ex's place of employment [ 10 Answers ]

How do I find my ex place of employment for child support purposes without paying an arm and a leg

Find a HAPPY Place [ 6 Answers ]

The advice given on this site is absolutely fantastic. I'm sure hundreds of people log in everyday to find answers or even just to vent, and I for one always log off feeling a little better about myself. So what this thread is about, and it mite be a bit of a stretch, is I want people to post...

View more questions Search