Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crybaby9112001 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Jul 2, 2006, 11:40 PM
    What do I say for the objective for a resume?
    What are you suppose to act like in an interview when you are 18? Like I know if I use to many big words then they will know I am acting but if I use to little then they won't hire me? At 18 years old I don't have much job experience and I went online for tips on what to say as my objective and it said things like "dont use words like utilize" or anything that means you are there for yourself that I should make it about them... then what do I say for the objective? I don't know what to say to make them want me. Please help!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2006, 12:01 AM
    Be yourself would be my advice.

Act like yourself, and the interviewer will see that.

Why? Because it will reduce you being nervous, and therefore, a better interview.
    Crybaby9112001 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Jul 3, 2006, 12:08 AM
    I can't be myself... people wouldn't want me to work for them. I am always acting for people and that is the only way people like me. People have told me that before but how can you be yourself around people you don't know?? How can you feel comfortable being yourself when you know you are not good enough? But I know the minute I try to be smart then I get so nervous and then I start making weird faces and then I don't start telling the truth... its a curse I think... when I get nervous I can't tell a lie. Is this normal? Sorry if I am acting weird but I am so serious... What do you think is wrong with me?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2006, 12:08 AM
    Show them that you have an interest in their company. How your skills will add to the company. How you personally will be an asset to their team.

Nothing is wrong with you. There is no need to lie. Call it stretching. Meaning you tell them things that they want to hear. For example: If you have a problem with a co worker. Or give examples of previous situations. How did you deal with it?

I dealt with it by going directly to the co worker and clearing up the situation. If that did not work then I would involve a third party and so forth until the matter is resolved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Objective [ 17 Answers ]

What am I suppose to put for an objective when I don't have any goals and I don't have much job exerpience?

Shareholder wealth as the main objective of the firm [ 1 Answers ]

A firm can choose from an infinitely long list of possible objectives.some of these will appear noble and easly justified,other remain hidden,implicit,embarrassing,even subconscious.Discuss the rationale for selecting shareholder wealth as the main objective of the firm

What not to include on a resume [ 0 Answers ]

Is it OK not to include on my resume a job that I had for 3 months which is not relevant to the position for which I'm applying? It was an entry level position that I took after my employer of 20 years went out of business. I took the job until I could find the job I really wanted because I...

View more questions Search