Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccdude0225 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 07:04 AM
    EtG after 2 days of drinking- Please Help
    Hello Everyone!

Looks like most of the EtG Questions on here deal with "Hey I drank XX drinks, and I have to test XX hours later? Will I pass?" My question is a slightly unique perspective. I could really use some help, my life is depending on this...

I am a 30 y/o, 165 lbs male.

On Friday with dinner I drank 2 pints of 5.2% lager, and around 28 oz of wine over a perioid of around 5 hours. I am confident that my BAC never got above say 0.10, I was drinking while eating and felt pretty sober all night. I started at 7:00pm Friday and stopped around midnight. By my calculation, this puts me at approx 8 standard drinks.

On Saturday, from 10-11:00 pm, I drank 1 glass (5 oz max) of wine over about a 1 hour period.

I have to give an EtG Test Monday, approx 40 hours after my last single drink, and approx 64 hours after finishing the heavier drinking episode on Friday. After researching other EtG Questions, I am fairly confident that I would pass on Monday purely based on Friday's drinking consumption. Likewise, I am confident that a single drink would not show at 40 hours (1 drink = max 24 hours from DrBill)

My question relates to how does Saturday's drinking affect the Monday test I have to do? I know that there was still a significant amount of EtG in my system on Saturday when I drank the single glass of wine, but I am not sure how much longer this puts the detection time. Thank you for any response...
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Dec 17, 2012, 11:25 PM
    You will be very close. Much will depend on the cutoff used, your level of hydration, and if you voided an hour prior to providing the sample for testing.

From all of the "real life" results that I have seen, I suspect that you will pass, but I would not be totally surprised if you do not.
    azula18 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2013, 10:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RNBSN View Post
    You will be very close. Much will depend on the cutoff used, your level of hydration, and if you voided an hour prior to providing the sample for testing.

From all of the "real life" results that I have seen, I suspect that you will pass, but I would not be totally surprised if you do not.
    What does that mean? If he voided? Should he not have? How does that affect the outcome?
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Aug 7, 2013, 10:24 PM
    I am not attempting to give info about how to pass the test, but if he voids an hour before the test, he will have only the latest urine in his system that his body produced. If that urine still contains ETG he will fail. If not, he will pass.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG... drinking back to back days [ 4 Answers ]

If you drink 10 drinks on day one, then 5 drinks on day two, would the EtG reading be higher or the same as only having 5 drinks on day two? Does EtG build up or would it burn off at the same rate?

EtG test after drinking [ 3 Answers ]

So I drank 2-3 beers on Friday night which was about 6 drinks. Then on Saturday I had about 1-2 drinks and I believe my BAC was zero by midnight on Saturday, since I had so little on Saturday. I have a EtG test with a 100ng testing on Wednesday at 6pm. Will I pass?

ETG test after drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 31 year old female and approx. 165lbs. I drank five beers Friday night, one beer Saturday, and one beer Sunday. I have to submit a urine sample for an ETG test tomorrow by 4:30pm. Will I be able to pass?

EtG about 70 hours after drinking [ 4 Answers ]

I am a male, 180 pounds and about 6 ft tall. I drank approximately 9 beers Friday night over a span of about 3 hours. I've drank a moderate amount of water and have an above average metabolism. I've read plenty of other posts and am still worried. I just need some closure, any input would be...

ETG Test 11 Days After Drinking... is there ANY Chance that I Will Fail? [ 7 Answers ]

I drank roughly 18 drinks over the course of 8 hours on Friday 2/4(please spare me the lecture, I am a college student and have excellent grades, I understand that it is bad for my health but it is a part of the culture) how long will it take for the alcohol to be out of my urine? I am scheduled...

View more questions Search