Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebourjolly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 11:22 PM
    Water dispenser-
    I own a GE SS refrigerator- The water dispenser was not working so I did some research and change the valve-- It remedied the problem temporarily -- the dispenser started working sporadically- and now it does not work at all- I thought it was a defective valve so I changed it again to no success- I noticed that when I activate the dispenser the water comes thorough the tube all the way to the bottom front of the refrigerator but somehow it does not come out of lthe dispenser spout. The tube inside the door seems inaccessible-- I thilnk that's where the problem is located-- Please help if anyone is familiar with this predicament-

Be
    paulfreddie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 11:25 AM
    I had the same problem & through this website I found the answer(somewhat). The line is frozen somewhere in the door. I rigged up a small hose that would fit just inside the dispenser - then duct taped a small funnel on the other end & blew hot air from a hair dryer into it to defrost it. Then poked a plastic tie strap up the water line to break it loose & got water!! However - (see somewhat above) the next day it was frozen again & had to poke with the strap to get it going again. So now I know the problem but don't know how to prevent it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE water dispenser won't stop! [ 5 Answers ]

When I went to get some water from my GE water dispenser, the water would not stop coming out. I had to finally pull out the refrigerator and turn off the shut-off valve. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how can I fix the problem?:eek:

Water Dispenser not working [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE SS refrig. The water dispenser stopped working. I determined that the water valve in the back was bad and I've replaced it. Now, I'm getting water to the door (disconnect the tube in front, hit the dispenser lever and water flows), but not to the dispenser. I've tried...

GE Refrigerator water dispenser intermittently working [ 229 Answers ]

I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator with a ice maker and water dispenser. In the last 3-4 months the water dispenser shuts off intermittently, but comes back to life on its own. I have changed the water filter as well as cleaned the water line, but haven't been able to identify the problem. The...

View more questions Search