Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkstpp989 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 02:29 PM
    Home repairs
    Hello my wife and I are both disabled 53yrs old, live in central MI, and or well has gone bad is there away to get help with this type of repair DHS siad they will pay $1400.00 of the $7000.00 but there's no way we can pay the other $5600.00 we own or home .the bank stated we don't have sufficient income for a loan. Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 20, 2012, 02:36 PM
    In what way you are two disabled? Is it MS? Or something similar. The MS Society has ways of helping out; the March of Dimes, etc.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 20, 2012, 02:47 PM
    I don't think you are going to find help with home ownership.
    If you don't have relatives who can lend you money, I would put the house up for sale and live on bottled water and a chamber pot for a toilet, and apply for public housing.
    All homeowners need to put away $100+ a month for repairs like this, because they are inevitable.
    You could ask some of the well companies if they will let you sign over rights to one of your monthly checks to them until the bill is paid.
    And I hope you got more than one quote.

Sep 20, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I don't think you are going to find help with home ownership.
    If you don't have relatives who can lend you money, I would put the house up for sale and live on bottled water and a chamber pot for a toilet, and apply for public housing.
    All homeowners need to put away $100+ a month for repairs like this, because they are inevitable.
    You could ask some of the well companies if they will let you sign over rights to one of your monthly checks to them til the bill is paid.
    and I hope you got more than one quote.
    Your as helpful as a tornado in a trailer park
    current pert

Sep 20, 2012, 03:03 PM
    What are you hoping to hear?
    Help programs for homeowners have dried up with the recession everywhere, and even back in the good days, there were very few.
    Churches often help their congregations with labor and maybe a little money.
    I was serious about not only getting multiple quotes, but also signing over one check a month by way of credit. That ain't no tornado in a trailer park.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2012, 04:14 PM
    Have you discussed this with the religious leader of your faith where you regularly worship? Many help their members.

If either is a veteran, have you talked to the American Legion or VFW where you would be a member ?

Have you talked to Catholic Charities they will help those of any faith.

But I am sorry you did not like the first answer but the truth is,there is not a lot of "free money" anywhere, people are losing their homes and others are jobless and more.
    Many people who lose their wells, have to bring in two types of water, one for drinking and the other for non drinking purpose.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 20, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Finding money isn't easy, a lot of leg work, phone work, but eventually you can find some through a beneficial organization, but it takes time.

OP still hasn't answered my question regarding the disability of both. If it is a bona fide disability, there is always assistance somewhere.

Sep 21, 2012, 05:36 AM
    I was injured at work a can bearly walk , and my wife has a sizure disorder.
    And thanks for the ideals I checked with catholic charities and they will call back today.
    I also found a group called "peoples fund" that helps with this type of problems.
    So if anyone else is looking for help its worth checking into
    Peoplesfund.org they only help in certain counties in MI
    current pert

Sep 21, 2012, 05:47 AM
    I apologize, and I'm glad I was wrong, and that you found local programs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home repairs [ 1 Answers ]

I'm disable very little on siscial security disability in need of some home repairs on porches, floors light fixtures in my home.can anyone help me with this thank you

Grants for home repairs [ 2 Answers ]

I have a double-wide mobile home and in need of repairs. My fixed income does not enable me to contract services. I don't know what's wrong with the pump, but have just run out of water. Where can I get the help I need to fix the well? Thanks .

Learning about home repairs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone: We recently bought a country home, and now we are having problems with a leaking roof, the bathroom ceiling recently fell in, so I now have a 6 by 4 hole in my bathroom. We are looking to repair or replace the roof. If we decide to replace the shingled roof what type of roof...

Home repairs [ 2 Answers ]

How long is a typical stair tread depth? >Moved from Forum Help<

Home repairs [ 5 Answers ]

The hot water pressure in my bathroom wash basin has lost a lot of pressure. All the rest of the taps throughout the house are o.k. what could be the cause?

View more questions Search