Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Achi11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Single Mother
    I`m living with single mom and her 8 years old son, If we separate, Can the mother sue me for child support for her child, despite that I`m not his biological father ?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 10:59 PM
    She might be able to.

It will depend on how long you 2 were living together, plus where you live.

Other factors are have you been supporting her and her son, has she been working, etc?

I know in Ontario, it is possible, if certain other circumstances are met as well.

Talk with a lawyer for an accurate answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

How come single men fall for emtional games from single women but not married ones? [ 75 Answers ]

Okay this was brought up in another post by Wildcat. I didn’t want to take away from the original poster but this has been on my mind all day and I just want to get some other feedback on it. The OP was a mistress and as WC points out we’ve been seeing a lot of that here lately. Here’s what WC...

Mother and single parent daughter sharing a house [ 7 Answers ]

I am a single parent of an 8year old girl and I recently received a job which is causing me to relocate. When I notify my mother of the job and the relocation, she asked if she could live me. I was instantly horrified, my mother is controlling, intrusive, noisy, opinionated, bossy and...

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

38 year old single mother of 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I need some help. I am a 38 year old single mother of 2. Another one on the way, in Miami Fla. My mortgage is behind. I lost my job because my car caught fire, and is unusable. No one will hire me because I am pregnant. My ex pays child support, but not as much as he should because he has a...

View more questions Search