Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geneva1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 03:53 AM
    Funds for Boarding School
    Where is the best place to look for educational grants ? I want to send my daughter to boarding school, of course I cannot afford it. I have looked on the internet at grant sites but have been unable to find any.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 18, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Most boarding schools offer scholarships that your child may qualify for. They usually aren't full scholarships, because they want to make sure that they have the full commitment of the parents, but they can cover a significant portion of the tuition expense. In fact, at most boarding schools a significant fraction of students do not pay full freight, but rely to some degree on a scholarship. I suggest that you call around to a few schools that you're interested in and ask how it works.

In addition, there are organizations that specialize in matching up inner city kids to prep schools. If this fits your situation, check out:

Prep for Prep Web Site:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Part boarding/ What color looks good [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am thinking about part-boarding a horse at one barn close to me. She's really cute but a bit of a stronger horse. When I go visit her, I'm not sure if she doesn't like being in her stall or if she doesn't like me but she always puts her ears back. Do you think I should consider another horse....

Loft Boarding and Joist Loadings [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to insulate and board out an area of my loft. The roof is a cut roof construction. The ceiling joists are 4 x 2. I need to increase the thickness to 8 x 2 to get the insulation I want in and to have a flat floor that will clear all the pipework in the area. The span of the joists...

Proxy Server at Boarding School [ 19 Answers ]

K I go to a boarding school which has a proxy server It has surf control, doesn't allow MSN or any Music Downloader And it also won't let me play my Online game(Star Wars Galaxies) What can I do to get around this and be able to do these thing? Please reply or e-mail me...

View more questions Search