Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linnmarie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Single mother
    Is there grant money for single mothers going back to school?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Speak to the financial aid department of the school you are interested in going to. I got a Pell Grant for being a female over 35 returning to college. It wasn't a great deal, but any amount you don't have to pay back is great.

Also, student loans don't kick in until 6 months after you have graduated to give you time to find a job. The loan rates are low so you are straddled with a huge payment.
    dkbirkhead Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnmarie
    is there grant money for single mothers going back to school?
    The best sites I have found for scholarship research is FastWeb: Scholarships, Financial Aid and Colleges or Scholarships, Scholarship - ScholarshipExperts.com.. Good luck.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 08:46 PM
    I also received a pell grant for being a single mother before I married my husband... it is all based on income though... good luck. Onec I was married I was nolonger eligible because I had two incomes and it pu us over the mark... good luck. There is help out there. Look into scholarshiops... there is a scholarship for everything now a days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NJ Single Mother custody battle [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm an NJ single mom and I have a one year old son. His father is not on the birth certificate, but he does sporadically/inconsistently sends child support. I lied to the social services people and said that he pays $100/mo so that I don't have to go to court to get child support ( I...

I am a single mother [ 10 Answers ]

I want to know what my rights are as a single nonmarried mother?

Single Mother Mercy Miracle [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Emily. I am a 25 year old single mother who could use a miracle right about now in my life. I'm not looking for sympathy or for a free hand out. What I am looking for is someone to invest in helping me get my life in order financially and advise me on how to go about getting my...

Single Mother [ 1 Answers ]

I`m living with single mom and her 8 years old son, If we separate, Can the mother sue me for child support for her child, despite that I`m not his biological father ?

38 year old single mother of 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I need some help. I am a 38 year old single mother of 2. Another one on the way, in Miami Fla. My mortgage is behind. I lost my job because my car caught fire, and is unusable. No one will hire me because I am pregnant. My ex pays child support, but not as much as he should because he has a...

View more questions Search