Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Azdu11's Avatar
    Azdu11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 16, 2013, 12:13 PM
    Grants for Kids that aren't already planing their future
    Answer me with your name when I say we should have grants for the less fortunet the ones that can't go to collage
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,801, Reputation: 2674

    Mar 16, 2013, 12:28 PM
    You get our names if we answer.

    Don't agree. They can work same as everyone else to get ahead. I had to. Several others here probably too
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Mar 16, 2013, 12:43 PM
    In the US (you don't say where you are), there are plenty of scholarships for all sorts of education. Ask what your specific needs are.

    I have no idea why you want names. People can voice opinions or factual information anonymously on this site.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,199, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

    Mar 16, 2013, 12:51 PM
    I had a scholarhip for college and borrowed the rest, then paid that back during the next ten years. My younger son received grants and scholarships from his college, and took out a loan for the remainder. There are a number of ways to get more education and training after high school -- certifications at community colleges, an associate's degree, apprenticeships, mentoring programs, paid and unpaid internships, four-year colleges.
    teacherjenn4's Avatar
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

    Mar 16, 2013, 01:54 PM
    I disagree. Apply for scholarships based on merit. Loans and work study for the rest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the English courts garnish ssdi for child support-even if they aren't your kids? [ 6 Answers ]

My brother is on ssdi for ms. He married a person with 3 children (not his of course). The English court system is trying to garnish his 1600/month for alimony/child support. Can they do that? What action can we take? Right now we are on an extension for the English courts NOT to garnish his ssdi.

Claiming kids on your taxes that aren't yours [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been split for 11 years. He doesn't pay taxes, never has never will, I am now living with my fiancÚ and have been for the last 9 years. Can he claim my two daughters, age 13 and 8, since I don't work? If he can't then can my mother and father claim them?

Can a child sex offender live w/kids that aren't his while on probation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently in a bad relationship, and I happen to be pregnant with his child. I really want to leave him for this guy that I have known for over 3 years. But he is a child sex offender who is on probation (this all went down about 7 years ago, but it was settled about 2 years ago). It was...

My kids aren't invited [ 5 Answers ]

My husband's cousin is getting married this summer in NC (which is a 9 1/2 hour drive from our town). My husband is a groomsmen and the groom has informed us that we'll have to find arrangements for our children during the reception because it's a sit down dinner. What kind of arrangements does he...

View more questions Search