Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evvy_258 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 04:17 AM
    Lump on my hamster back pow
    Hi my hamster has a lump on hur back pow I just cleand it way sult and water help thanks all
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 04:19 AM

What you are doing is good.
    Just clean it with salty, luke warm water several times a day.
    The salt will help both dry it out as well as disinfect it.

What does the wound look like?
    Do you think she has hurt herself or is it more and an actual lump?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 2, 2009, 07:45 AM

Does she run in her wheel a lot?

What kind of wheel is it? Does it look like this?

Name:  bad wheel.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  2.6 KB

We had this happen often when we had a metal wheel. The hamster runs and gets it's paw stuck in the wheel.

I recommend plastic wheels like this;

Name:  good wheel.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  2.1 KB

Keep doing what you're doing. Watch for infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on back of head [ 2 Answers ]

What could be the cause of 2 lumps one on either side of our daughters head at the base of her hair line?

Lump on back of head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am 14 years old and have recently noticed a small, hard lump on the back of my head. I think it is moveable but I can't really tell. It seems exactly in the middle of those two bulbs or lumps that everyone has on the back of their skull. It is in the middle and a little higher up so about...

Lump on back of head [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was recently taking a bath when I noticed a small lump on the back of my head. For a while I've had dizziness from lying in the bathtub, but never noticed this. I've had trouble sleeping and some trouble remembering recent things (though I am only 14). This is really starting to worry...

Lump on back of head [ 1 Answers ]

I discovered a lump on the back of my head last night. It is about the size of a quarter and is hard not moving. It is a little bit above my neck and centered. Could this be the cause of an infection or something else? If something else, what? Thanks. :)

Lump on back of head [ 4 Answers ]

I am 14 years old. Recently, lots of my lymph nodes have swollen up. This was about a week ago. Now, a lump has appeared, as if from nowhere on the back of my head. The lump is hard and non-moveable. It is not painful if left alone but when pressure is applied it can be felt. Is this connected to...

View more questions Search