Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ChrisCan's Avatar
    ChrisCan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 2, 2014, 02:10 PM
    US Citizen and US PR (Canadian Citizen) want to retire to Canada
    I am a Canadian Citizen and have US Permanent Residence through marriage to my US Citizen husband. We are early-thirties, employed in professional careers and own a home in the US. We would like to move to Canada at some point in our lives, likely in 20-35 years (i.e. closer to retirement). I'm somewhat familiar with the Canadian immigration process and am not asking about how we move/immigrate.

    I would like advice on retirement investments. We currently have 401k and Roth IRA accounts through our employers. Should we open an RRSP or other Canadian investment? If so, how are contributions taxed in the US? How will we get money from our US investments, and how will we be taxed, after we've moved to Canada?

Check out some similar questions!

US citizen in Canada with a Canadian spouse - Can I e-file? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a US citizen with Canadian permanent resident status. I am living in Canada with my spouse who is a Canadian citizen. They have never lived, worked, or gone to school in the states, they have only ever visited. They do not have a SSN or ITIN and do not want to get one. I am attempting to file...

American citizen visiting in canada married to a canadian [ 1 Answers ]

I am a USA citizen. In Canada as a extended visitor until my immigration to Canada is complete with my wife a Canadian citizen. I have no income here in Canada. I do have a retirement pension from the USA and we have always filed "married filing jointly". Can I file the same from Canada?

Canadian citizen married to US citizen living in Canada, tax information [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My wife and I have lived in Canada since August 2008. She has not filed US tax returns since 2008 and I would like to have them filed prior to our move to the US by late 2011. I am a little lost on which forms to use. Here is how our current income breaks down. Wife (USC) - 2008...

Us Citizen Living in Canada, Married to a Canadian. Am I Single? [ 1 Answers ]

Im a Us Citizen Living in Canada Married to a Canadian how do I file my US taxes, Can I File as Single and if so do I even have to file if my personal income is less than the minimums? I earned under $7k in 2008 and did not file and this year I'm about the same. I am aware of the Foreign income...

Paying a Canadian citizen for sales in Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to hire a Canadian sales rep to sell my product in Canada. Is that possible? How do I handle the taxes? We don't pay State Taxes in NH. Can I pay his salary in US and leave it up to him to handle his own taxes? How do handle his benefits? Please advise

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.