Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    howthecarabao's Avatar
    howthecarabao Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 30, 2014, 11:11 PM
    Can I lose my pension in the Philippines if I am married in the United States
    I got married in the US last 2008 after divorcing my husband in the Philippines. My passport still carry the name of my Filipino husband since there is no divorce in the Philippines. Last May, 2013 my Filipino husband died. My question is: am I entitled to receive my Filipino husband's SSS pension even if I am permanent resident (green card holder)?
    Jake2008's Avatar
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

    Jan 31, 2014, 08:15 AM
    What you should probably do, is contact an attorney in the Philippines, and see what, if any, claim you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

United states citizen wants to adopt minor living in philippines [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am an american citizen, married to a philippine female, whom is current in the us with me. We want to adopt one of our nieces living in the philippines. Here's my story. The niece we're wanting to adopt, is 12 yrs old. We are paying for her high school tuition fees in the philippines. Her...

I was married in the United States to a Korean woman. We both currently live in South [ 1 Answers ]

I was married in the United States to a Korean woman. We both currently live in South Korea. We both want a divorce and have no finnacial requests from the other, no children, no property to settle. We just don't want to be married to each other any longer. We are both presently visiting the U.S....

Tourest Visa for minor to visit United States from Philippines [ 3 Answers ]

I am an American Citizen currently married to a filipino gal who has a permenent resident visa to stay in the United States. We want to bring our niece, an 11 year old female here from the Philippines and educate her in the United States. Can I bring her into the United States on a tourist visa,...

Credit card debt, can I lose my home? United States [ 33 Answers ]

I have about 40,000 in unsecured debt, I own my house with no mortgage. I built this debt up after my husband abandoned us and our children and then I found out I had received a sexually transmitted disease from my husband, this sent me into a depression and I was unable to work for quite a while....

FiancŽ VISA from Philippines to United States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm julius de Guzman from Baguio City, Philippines. What are the requirements I need to apply for a fiancé visa? Thank you for giving me the information I need.

View more questions Search