Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HRQuestions101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Writing Comments on Resume
    Is it OK to write comments on a resume during an interview? I don't see a problem with it but an HR person here has serious issues with it. I personally think she's off a bit - tried to turn a ? On the page into "they can say you are racist if they are a minority from that question mark". And I wrote "not sure what he meant" into I could be insinuating he was speaking in ebonics? I really think she is completely unprofessional and really off here... can anyone give me some feedback?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 10:17 AM

I see nothing wrong with writing on resume, it certainly leaves no doubt about whom the comments are for. I sure hope he wasn't speaking ebonics which would be very unprofessional to say the least. If one knows proper english, then speak it, right ?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 10:21 AM

I agree with HR not to write all over someone's resume. Better to write your comments elsewhere - just in case. You can't be too careful these days. Use a sticky note or just write the comments in a notebook with their name, date of interview, time, etc and then your comments. This way if the resume is saved in the person's HR file, the original comments won't come back to haunt them or you.
    HRQuestions101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 02:27 PM
    On a side note... as an HR person can't her reference to "ebonics" be considered racist? I don't think this was an appropriate comment -- especially for an HR person to make. Had the applicant been white I doubt she would have made that comment (which I found rude and offensive).
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 02:30 PM

She is aware of how companies need to cover their behinds in this day and age. I work for an employment law attorney and everything you say and WRITE can be turned into a discrimination claim and it is best to treat everyone equally. I think you need to carry a notebook to interviews as it is a better alternative and apparently it will help keep the piece.
    jsanders0720 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 02:51 PM

You should not write on the resume. I do about 10 or more interviews per week. 90% of them are for the same position (we are a very large call center). I have a packet of questions tailored to that position. I ask everyone the same questions as to not run into any problems with being accused if interviewing candidates differently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want to know p are in writing minutes and what really writing [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to know the procedures in writing minutes and what really entails in writing minutes.

About Resume Writing [ 1 Answers ]

I Have done A course in FAshion Designing and looking for a job as a fresher , kindly teell how do I make my resume attractive.

Writing a Resume [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Consultant, Please could you advice me on the best method of preparing a resume

View more questions Search