Sample functional resume (recent h.s. grad)
Asked Jan 9, 2013, 11:29 AM
ABBY LANERobotics competition -- helped build robot, worked with various saws, drill presses, measuring tape, and other tools/equipment in the high school metal shop.
123 North Avenue
Oshkosh, WI 12345
(555) 555-5555 email@example.com SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Offer professional-quality administrative assistant skills and an excellent work ethic
Am responsible, punctual, dependable, and have excellent time-management skills.
Quickly comprehend and follow established procedures and safety rules
Work well independently and and in a team environment
Possess very strong problem-solving skills
* Made sure everyone worked at high-safety levels when using various dangerous tools.
* Focused on high degree of accuracy when measuring with ruler and measuring tape to cut the right amount of materials, used special markers to note where to drill holes, made sure all parts were correctly located.
* Communicated effectively with classmates and faculty to create and draw plan for robot.
Warehouse worker/Package handler, Wisconsin Food Harvest
* Coordinated with other workers to package foods into the correct containers and label them correctly.
* Ensured all food was stacked neatly on pallets before being moved by forklift.
DECA member (international association of high school and college students and teachers of marketing, management, and entrepreneurship in business, finance, hospitality, and marketing sales and service) -- dressed professionally, learned about entrepreneurship and careers in hospitality/tourism/business/finance, played team building/leadership exercises, practiced job interviewing, met with high-level professionals for connections to jobs.
Fund raising -- worked with two classmates to obtain funding for the high school principal for a new industrial arts classroom.
WORK HISTORYChild care -- implement parents’ rules, gently discipline as necessary, engage them in specific learning activities, dispense medication per parents’ instructions, feed them as needed, put them to bed as requested, help with other household chores.
Newspaper delivery – sorted and stuffed newspapers before delivery, distributed to residences on a designated route and on schedule, engaged in monetary transactions with customers and central newspaper office, maintained customer accounts.
ABC High School, Oshkosh, WI (2008)