Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexandrafaught Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Peeing in his cage
    My dog will be a year old any time now... not to sure when. He goes outside all the time when I am home. But he will not stop peeing in his cage. What can I do to stop him from doing this??
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 08:48 PM

How long is he in his cage when you are gone?

Apr 1, 2009, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    How long is he in his cage when you are gone?
    I work from 8-5, so he is in his cage from the time I leave in the morning until I get home in the evening. But sometimes he goes in his cage when I am home and pees.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 08:47 AM

If he does not pee in his cage when you are away he may be doing it because he is upset with you.
    Close the door to his cage when you are home with him.
    I'm sure you take him out right away when you get home also then spend some time playing with him.
    Is he a puppy ot an adult dog.

Apr 1, 2009, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    If he does not pee in his cage when you are away he may be doing it because he is upset with you.
    Close the door to his cage when you are home with him.
    I'm sure you take him out right away when you get home also then spend some time playing with him.
    Is he a puppy ot an adult dog.
    He is around a year old. He does go outside as soon as I get home. I think he might pee in his cage while I am gone. Because I have to bathe him often because he smells like pee.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 08:58 AM

Well he pees in it because now it carries the scent and he feels its OK to pee there.
    You might want to have a visit with the vet to make sure there is no health reason for him peeing so much during the day.
    Otherwise, I don't know.
    Yo might try cleaning and sanitizing his kennel to get the smell out.
    Maybe someone else has an answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Change in weight of bird-cage when the bird is flying inside the cage? [ 2 Answers ]

Q1. What kind of Change would be observed in the weight of bird-cage, weighed by a spring balance 1. when the bird is sitting inside the cage 2. when the bird is flying inside the cage? WHY? Q2. A 1.0 gm. Seed is sown on the earth after few years it becomes one of the biggest trees in the...

My dog does poopie in her cage [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I can get my dog house trained. She is 6 months now and still does #1 and #2 in the house and in her cage. I don't know what to do. She is part Japinese chin and pomaranian. She is just really sly when she does it and I know by her actions that she done it somewhere. I go look and there...

Peeing and Pooping in cage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have a metal cage for our 3 1/2 month old miniature schnauzer puppy. We had bought her to be an inside pet, but because of her peeing and pooping in her cage we have moved it out into the garage and that's where she stays during the day and sometimes at night. When we get up in the...

Salamander cage [ 1 Answers ]

What sort of set-up would you need for a blotched tiger salamander to live in? More aquatic or dryer?

View more questions Search