Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Apr 18, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Discomfort under rib cage
    Hey everyone,

I have been experiencing discomfort under my left rib cage, its hard to explain exactly what it feels like. At times it is a shap, quick pain and other times it's a dull ache or pulling sensation, kind of like a cramp. It would be in the region of the bottom of the rib cage upwards to about the 3rd or 4th rib.

I have had sensations higher up before and went to the doctor and he said it was probably a muscle issue, although that was about 3 years ago and in a different spot.

I looked on the web but they only talk about abdominal pain and this is higher up on the left side. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2008, 11:39 AM
    I have the same sensations all during the day, and I have heart failure.

Now, if you are young or a young smoker, not likely to be heart trouble, but I think you should go tell your physician, and s/he can listen to your heart and send you for a chest x-ray. :)

Stress can cause all kinds of symptoms in one's chest, too.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Apr 18, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Thanks Choux,

I'm 29 but I do smoke. Whenever I feel pain anywhere near my heart I get worried, although I hear that it is very unlikely it is a heart issue. I have put off seeing my Doc for one reason or another but maybe I should just go and get some peace of mind.

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rectal discomfort [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having difficulty categorizing my problem... After a bowel movement ( "normal" and "regular") and cleansing well I have to clean myself again in about an hour or less. I realize the need to do this because I have burning and itching. I have read about fissures and rectoceles but this doesn't...

Hip discomfort [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to ease hip discomfort. My hips are starting to widen and loosen now, and (esp when I first wake in the morning, after having to sleep on one side or another all night long) they are starting to ache. Does anyone know if yoga, or excerise programs such as...

Penile discomfort help [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my wife have been having sex for over a year and a half now and only recently I have felt discomfort with my penis. It started after we had sex during her menstruation. I came inside and forgot to wash up. A few days later, I felt a burning sensation during urination. Soon after there was a...

View more questions Search