Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 26, 2010, 11:29 PM

tickle, I know your question wasn't directed at me, but I've known a few other sensitives over the years. Knowing them and seeing how they were effected by things, has made me very grateful I'm not sensitive. I've even been told that I've purposely locked myself away from the sensitivities I do possess. Frankly, I wouldn't be able to handle consciously being aware of all the energies that constantly surround us in today's world.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    tickle, i know your question wasn't directed at me, but I've known a few other sensitives over the years. knowing them and seeing how they were effected by things, has made me very grateful I'm not sensitive. I've even been told that I've purposely locked myself away from the sensitivities i do possess. frankly, i wouldn't be able to handle consciously being aware of all the energies that constantly surround us in today's world.
    Hi hh, thanks for your reply, my statement was just that a statement, rather than a question. Gifts such as I mentioned don't work all the time as some may think, otherwise when I am gardening I would hear shreaks and howls from the plants I am working on :eek: god help me I think I would lock myself in my room for a while if that happened! I am not effected in my work all that much from personal care I administer and reiki I perform for healing, because I already know what these people are going through physically and they are very very calm, happy. Their minds are at ease throughout.

You should get yourself a reading from a reputable seer and explore what gifts you have. It doesn't mean you will be bombarded with 'feelings' 24/7. Knowing will so much improve you (not that there is anything presently wrong with you, you seem like a well rounded individual from your posts).

You wouldn't be consciously aware of those gifts and can rightly turn them off and on by discipline - yoga and meditation helps.

Tick
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 27, 2010, 07:36 AM

The chances of finding a reputable seer around here, are pretty much nil. There really isn't a pagan community to speak of.

I've been told, by a few people, that I have some empathic abilities, if I would just learn to stop smothering it. I've also told that I iANY empathic abilities to ignore what I'm feeling.

I know I absorb the energies around me like a sponge, and then store then up till it starts taking a physical toll on me. For that reason, one of the first things I do when I move into a new place is put up wardings to block out negative energy. My lea is that's at least part of the reason I've always been a bit of a loner, and need more 'down' time than most people seem to. It may also have something to do with my penchant for sleeping 12/+ hours at a stretch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Summerland and Wiccan afterlife [ 16 Answers ]

*I'd rather only Wiccans and Pagans answer please. Don't tell me to open a bible or pray to God for forgiveness and all that jazz* I've been a practicing Wiccan for nearly 7 years now (of the Celtic tradition). When my High Priestess was training me, I was taught about the Wiccan afterlife. ...

Wiccan/ Occult [ 34 Answers ]

A friend and I were having a disagreement and we're both now trying to find answers as to proof that Wiccan practices are real and work, like spells, voodoo, black magic, etc. I believe it's mind over matter - someone tells you that you're under a spell - wouldn't you - in the back of your mind be...

Wiccan Rede. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi tanyajaldecoa, I didn't know how to respond to you other than to send another question, I didn't know if that's what you meant for me to do. Thank you for sharing what happened to you with me, and I can't believe someone would use magick like that, to harm you. I really do believe in spells now,...

View more questions Search