Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    urbantiger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 06:52 AM
    How do I get him back after our break up
    My boyfriend and I broke up 3 weeks ago, we only went out for 3 months but I get an overwhelming feeling that we are meant to be together.

We both work for the same company and live abroad in separate flats. All relations, whether friendships or relationships are very intense here as we all work together, socialize together and live very near to one another. We probably spend too much time together, and when I came back from my holiday we spent 2 nights together then he told me that he just didn't think it was working. I've never really had a valid reason for this but it must have something to do with personal space. However the amount of time we spent together was a joint decision!

Now I'm going out and doing my own thing he told me he feels left out! He keeps texting me and e-mailing me and I'm so confused, he either wants me or he doesn't, I want him back but I'm not going to be the one to make the first step this time! How do I play it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 06:59 AM
    I really think you should take the stand here. You need to let him know you absolutely need your space right now. You are correct, it sounds like you two have been living like siamese twins !

If you have to, put a time limit on doing your own thing and tell him he has to as well. Better be safe then sorry and absolutely sure you two are meant for each other before further commitments.

Could be both of you need a third party intervention here, like a counseller, someone in the community who can just sit down with both of you and you two can iron out what you each need to make the relationship work properly.
    alizeblu Posts: 174, Reputation: 8

Apr 4, 2007, 07:02 AM
    HOW DO YOU PLAY IT!

OK I'm sorry...

Look this isint a GAME. If you love him, you need to seriously sit down and talk to him about your relationship. Stop playing these childish "i dont wanna be the 1st to communicate" games. Cause honestly in a relationship, it doesn't matter who initiates contact 1st, who cares, just talk to him. Wow maybe that's why you guys are having problems?

Communication,trust,loyalty,respect,security.

Bottom line... just talk to him. Not that big of a deal.

OK look, obviously he wants you too, but if he says that he doesn't think its working out ask him why. Tell him you are confused and you need to know where this relationship is heading, you need to let him know your opinions about the situation, because obviously I'm thinking you 2 still like each other,but you're just sending mixed signals to each other, and you both are getting more confused than you were before you started the break.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need feed back,is this a break up? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for almost a year. We are both 30, met on line. Last weekend I planned a surprise birthday dinner for my boyfriend, I got his best friend to drive out here from out of town, he loved it. During dinner I asked for everyone to wait and eat until my boyfriends food...

How do I get my girlfreind back when she says she wants a break? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfreind back when she says she wants a break?

Girlfriend wants a break but I want her back. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been going out with my girlfriend for almost 3 years now. I'm 18 and she's 17, last week she told me that her feelings are messed up and she doesn't know what to do? After that she told me she thinks it was best if we had a break for a while. Last year, she said the same thing but ...

Break up and get back together! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey my name is Katelynn, me and my ex boyfriend were really close we started going out then we broke up for 3 days then we started going out again then we broke up for 1 day and then got back together. And lastly we brock up and then he asked me back out! I don't know what to say I think I am done...

How to get her back during the break [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, maybe you can help me with this little problem of mine? The story goes like this, 2 months ago I feel 6 meters and got hurt and landed in the hospital. I was for good reasons helpless, and required people to come and help me do all sorts of stuff. When I got out I had my wrist bandaged, so...

View more questions Search