Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigNavySeal Posts: 106, Reputation: 19

Nov 21, 2013, 06:10 AM
    Mold Allergy?
    Hello.

I write here to homefully get some more advice. I've visited a range of doctors, done blood tests and diets. I'm suspecting the cause is mold allergy.

Any expert opinions perhaps or some links to forums about mold allergy? Personal experiences are often very helpful. For further details see below.

I suffer from severe atopic eczema since I was 2. During childhood it was pretty bad, and my mom tried to battle it through homopathic treatment, which had moderate results at times.

For the last 5 years I lived in thailand, a tropical country, and except some flair ups I was completely clear of it.

When I moved back to Europe I stayed in a clinical building (eg very clean, hospital like) for 5 months - NO ECZEMA. Then I moved back to my parents for 1 months, and the day I moved it came back. Then I moved to another place and since then it gotten worse, way worse, and I'm now completely covered. Very severe outbreaks and it's almost debilitating.

I've tried a lot, past and present, incl. dermatology, alernative medicin, recenty started chinese medicin, saw a dietician, and followed a gluten, diary, egg and nut-free diet without result. Was on various prednison courses which only helped very temporarily.

Recent blood tests show that I'm allergic to herb pollen, mold and the birch tree! Also chicken egg white. My theory is that it most likely is the building environment, e.g. mold allergy, as the previous place I stayed I literally had no reaction while I ate all the standard products. I can find very little information on mold allergy however about experiences. The place I stay now is very high in humidity, a lot of carpets, etc, perfect to form mold. I'm not in a position to change any of this as I'm living with a large group. I'm planning to move to another building that is cleaner, low(er) in humidity, and hope this helps.

Any expert opinions perhaps or some links to forums about mold allergy? Personal experiences are often very helpful.
    bigNavySeal Posts: 106, Reputation: 19

Nov 21, 2013, 06:18 AM
    Btw I'm 29 now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Allergy [ 2 Answers ]

I am a sulphonamide, usually given moxypen, but doctor gave me amoxicillin is it safe to take?

Allergy or not [ 28 Answers ]

Hello: Ok, I'm going to stump you. I've got an allergy - maybe... I break out in hives. This first happened about 30 years ago. I went to the doctor. He started testing me for allergies. You know, he stuck about 50 different things in me and waited to find out which ones I reacted to. ...

Mold--how to treat it and can the walls be painted to discourage mold? [ 2 Answers ]

How do your rid cinderblock walls of mold and can you paint walls afterwards to prevent more mold?

Allergy [ 2 Answers ]

Ok well I have a huge problem. Since I was really young I would get really sick around christmas time, my asthma would get way worse and at night I would take asthma attacks and have to go to the hospital. After a while my parents and docters put together and answer,what is different at xmas that...

Landlord will not Clean mold or replace mold covered cabinate in a timely Manner [ 4 Answers ]

We have Mold in our rented house! We had a pipe break under our kitchen sink and the landlord came and fixed that about a month ago, and said he would be back to fix the cabinate under the sink. Well it is now COVERED in mold and its even growing in the drawers. We called and he came and "cleaned"...

View more questions Search