Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TomooseBailey Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jun 18, 2012, 08:28 PM
    My girlfriend says she needs space.
    Hey guys! I’m in a situation here that I need opinions/advice with. I’m 17 years old (young for all this I know but it’s a mature relationship) and my girlfriend says she needs space, she’s broken up with me because her 'emotions are everywhere' and she 'doesn’t know what she wants' in her words. We were together only 1.5 years but been through everything together, meals, days out, holiday, theme parks.

Anyway, back to the point. She says she wants time to sort her head out because she feels she’s 'falling out of love' with me and needs time to think about what she wants. She’s told me I don’t have to wait and that I’m more than welcome to move on. She admits she still deeply loves me and still gets jealous of the slightest of things (even girls talking to me)! She’s lied to me dramatically in the past, not cheating but thoroughly lying until proved wrong in numerous situations. I’ve NOT ONCE lied to her so there shouldn’t be trust issues. I buy her clothes, items, jewelry ALL the time, literally every penny goes on her just to see a smile, so I can’t be a bad boyfriend right? I treat her right, never shout at her. I would just like to know, what would you say I do?

I’ve told her I love her and can’t lose her numerous times as it’s true and don’t want to let her go I’m just stuck in the middle of the whole situation! She says ''you can move on but I don’t want you to, but it’s not fair in keeping you waiting'' I accept and don’t know what to do, DO I WAIT? Or do I move on and find somebody else? Just general advice on past experience of any kind would be of favor, just want to know where I stand in the situation, this has happened before but eventually pulled through, and this is the second time. Basically do I give up? Thanks guys: D
    Jimmy78 Posts: 85, Reputation: 21

Jun 18, 2012, 09:46 PM
    Okay first off go no contact, second stay no contact no matter what, and third find someone else to be with period. Do you really want to be with someone who doesn't know what they want, I'm pretty sure you know what you want and its her but she is unsure about you so help her out by walking away. Life is to short for games and if she comes back when the grass isn't greener on the other side, leave her alone.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 10:16 PM
    EASY, give her what she asked for, her freedom, and don't wait. And save all that loot you have been blowing on her for some one that appreciates you.

You can't buy love, and smiling faces tell lies.
    durpstick Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Jun 18, 2012, 10:51 PM
    Its over bro, it will hurt, but you will be fine
    Nick Pettr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 12:50 AM
    I won't want to work so hard to get over him, then have a rush of emotions come back! Yeah I can see that's true about him being a part of me- because the 3years was my longest relationship and he was my world, and if you have any friends that associate with him, tell them they need to not bring him up around you at all, if they can't do that you might need to distance yourself from them as well.
    TomooseBailey Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jun 21, 2012, 07:45 AM
    Thanks guys I'm going to stay out of contact until she messages me or something, At least that way I know I'm not invading her space, Once again, Thanks a lot. :D Tom.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2012, 10:39 AM
    For a relationship where one of the members "doesn't know what she wants" and "emotions are everywhere" I will have to respectfully disagree at this relationship being mature at all, in fact those are signs of a HUGE amount of immaturity. Not only does she not know what she wants, but she is jealous to the point that you can't talk to another female... that is not only immature but shows that she has self esteem and confidence issues, along with her not really being able to trust you (remember that without trust, there is no relationship). On top of everything she has told you that she doesn't want to be tied down and she wants to go out and have fun.

Here is what I would do. Break up with her, respect her wishes, go no contact, and start moving on, let time do its job. If she wants to get back, she will let you know (trust me), but DO NOT wait for her, you continue living your life, concentrate on your school, work, health, friends, and family. If she never comes back, then it is actually your win, and you will have your life balanced at that point (whenever you are completely over her) to start a happy, healthy relationship with someone else, someone BETTER!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend needs space. What should I do? [ 2 Answers ]

When your girlfriend ask to have some space to focus on herself and family because they are sick, and she has no time for are relainship, but she still loves me and has feelings. Also said its not permitted. I feel that I should be there for her to help, and comfort her. What should I do?

My girlfriend needs space, what to do? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have ben dating for exactley ten months, we just got back from the beach and three weeks later she said to me:i want to be single and I want space and I need to know who I am, I don't want to have to rely on you for all my hapiness because her family and friends always expected...

My girlfriend wants space... [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 18 and I have been with my girlfriend for 3 years. We get on great together and we usually spend hours on the phone each day. I love her so much and I know she loves me too. Although,lately I have been feeling quite down as I suffered an injury to my knee which has kept me out of my main...

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Girlfriend needs some space for herself [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend are in a long distance relationships. As difficult as it is that we are apart from each other, we have been trying so hard to maintain our contact as often as possible. She has been very open with me about most of the things that are happening in her life. She has been honest...

View more questions Search