Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 27, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Feelings should come from within...

Remember you are special, let him come to you.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Feb 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
    I learned years ago that you can't make someone want you.Maybe in time the man will feel different towards you but for now I would not put all my hopes and dreams on hold for him. Make sure you continue on with your life and don't hatch that phone either. Don't chase him as if you are desperate it makes you look to needy and will turn him off fast. Take my advice on this one.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 06:45 PM
    I know from fact and experience you can't make someone do something that they don't want to do.

Now, if you do make him marry you, do you think he would be happy? Do you think this marriage would work?

You make a sandwich, but you don't make someone marry you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2007, 06:46 PM
    You need an attitude adjustment. Do you really want a mate that you had to "make" marry you? What you want is someone who cares about YOU, who enjoys being with you, sharing your interests and life. That will result in someone wanting to marry you.
    shrewd26f Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Thanks, SCOTT, TINSIGN, TEACHING and others :) Thanks for enligtening me:) Best thing to do for now is just to forget about it.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:31 PM
    I see this with a lot of women, and actually some men as well. As a kid they set up a certain age when they would be married by or they find a guy (or girl) and start thinking long term before the other person does. The woman usually fantaizes about how great marriage will be. But the reality is if you have to force someone into something then they aren't going to be happy and the truth is the marriage isn't going to last.
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Mar 1, 2007, 03:50 AM
    How long have you both been together? What is your desperation to get married?

Mar 1, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rol
    How long have you both been together? what is ur desperation to get married?
    Hello, ROL!
    We're together for 2 years now. Well, I just want to start a family of my own and I'm not getting any younger. Most of my friends are married already with children and I feel the pressure. Not only because I'm pressured but I really want to have kids already. I want to experience being a mom and a wife. I think, a husband and children would complete me.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Yes, it does sound pathetic. As everybody else already said you can not make somebody marry you. If it is so much trouble. You want a commitement and he does not. Then I think maybe it is actually time to end the relationship. It is sad, but you are not getting want you want out of the relationship he is not giving you a commitment. Time to move on. If you want kids and to be a wife, then maybe you should be patient enough to actually find somebody that wants the same things.

Joe

Mar 1, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Hi Joe!
    Thanks to your good advice. . But, I just can't end it up with him. He is a good man. Responsible, loyal I may say, he cares a lot about me. And I love him. I feel he loves me too. It's just that, he can't disclose his plans for us yet because he is still unprepared. Though sometimes, he like talking about our future together like husband and wife. . Oh, I don't know. Come what may. I think I just let God do the works. Thanks :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 05:56 PM
    It should not be just about what he wants or his plans for you. As a couple do you not think that plans should be made together as a team. That is what I am trying to get at here.

Yes, it is best left in Gods hands. Ask him and he will answer, one way or another.

Best of luck and I do hope and pray that your feelings and thoughts of becoming a wife and mother come true one day. No matter who it is with. As long as they treat you right.

Joe
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Sweetie, don't you want someone who appreciates YOUR style...
    You will never be 100% happy with this man if he's no into you.
    I don't mean to sound harsh, but respect yourself by finding a relationship with a man who truly appreciates everything about you... You'll be much happier...

Mar 1, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Hi, AkaEtrue!
    Thanks! You are absolutely right. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will he marry [ 26 Answers ]

He said "I want to spend the rest of my life with you and give you all the things you deserve.". Refers to you sometimes as his wife and himself sometimes as your husband. When not at work the time is spent together. Live together,spend time with both families and acts as if married. Closed about...

Please Help Us To Get Marry! [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I met a girl on Yahoo chat. Now she's my girlfriend. We're chating since long & we are honest to each other. We finally decided to marry. The problem is that she lives in USA I'm In Pakistan. She wants me to come to USA. Can you help by telling steps what is the procedure of marrying US...

Re-marry [ 1 Answers ]

I married someone 20 years ago when I was in the Marines, I shipped out a few weeks later and never heard from or saw my "wife" again. I have no idea where she is. I would like to marry again, how do I go about making it legal?

Maybe Marry After 22 Years Of Being Apart! [ 6 Answers ]

It had been 22 years ago that my long lost fiance' Ken went he's way and I went mine. He told me 2 call him 1 Friday night and I did, but his mom answered and said he was on a date, and I told her just 2 tell him 2 have a good life and I never heard from him again until I married my 1st husband. I...

View more questions Search