Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loll18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 07:50 AM
    In love with my best friend who is "straight"!
    Im a gay man of 26 who have a a slightly older best friend. He is married although I am not friendly with his wife. Over the past year we have grown closer and closer. He tells me loves me all the time, we cuddle and sleep together (non sexually). When we hug it feels like electricity and we are exceptionally close. He has told me that if he wasn’t with her he would be with me and that he has never felt closer to another human being in his whole life! There has been lots of other stuff said but I can't go into it on hereThis mainly happens when we have been drinking. This is wrecking my head! I'm completely consumed by it and cry a lot as I can't be with the person in the world who I feel is my soul mate. I don’t want our friendship to end but I simply don’t think I have much of a choice. We have spoken about it and he just tells me that he loves me deeply in a pure although not in a brotherly way. What to do?
    misseryboi Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 07:21 PM
    That is a tricky situation there... I think if you love him like you say, you should tell him... may be he is waiting for you to say something first.. It seems like he's trying to tell you in every other way but not just straight forward.. he's probley scared and confused and a little shamefull couse he has som1 else.. but if he is good friend as you say he should take it well.. and since you guys only talk about it drunk id try talking about while your both getting buzzed.lol you know.. hope I could help :)
    reckless Posts: 109, Reputation: 30

Jun 7, 2012, 08:18 PM
    Here you have to balance your own interests with your friend's marriage. You two can still love each other platonically while keeping his marriage intact and remain friends, contrary to what you've written. I cuddle with my own bros as well from time to time, but I don't consider myself gay. This kind of thing is so common that you can actually Google "bromance" and a large list of information will pop up. Here's just one thing my friends and I laugh about

Bromance (Official Music Video) - YouTube

You say that it has completely consumed you, but how much worse will it get when you have to feel the weight of destroying a marriage? You might have the capability of doing it, but I beg that you don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gay, in love with straight best friend, how do I push aside the love? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 27 year old male, I am gay, although I have never been in a relationship before, many reason for this include, depression, lack of self confidence, unable to find a 'compatible' person to relate with, and other such trauma I have sustained as a child have also effected my outlook on...

In love with straight best friend [ 6 Answers ]

I want to start by saying he was the first person I came out too. He actually went through my phone one day and found stuff, so I had no choice but to tell him. He accepted me from the get go, which made us even closer. Anyway, we do everything together, practically hang out every single day,...

In love with my straight best friend [ 7 Answers ]

I love my best friend and I don't know what to do I've told him and he just asked me how long have I felt like this and I told him I'm 17 and he's 18 and I would really like for it to be more than that I really don't know what to do, he send me good night messages and he texts me everyday can...

I am in love with my straight friend. [ 4 Answers ]

I met this guy in middle school. I had gym with him. I distinctively remember him telling me he was bisexual when he was in 8th grade. I was in 7th. As time went by he kind of popped up in my mind randomly. WE went to different high schools and I never really talked to him.I came out at 17. So...

In love with a straight friend [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay man in my early twenties and I recently fell in love for the first time with a friend of mine who is probably straight. He looks totally straight, seems interested in women and has a long-term relationship with a woman. On the other hand, he is very often saying gay jokes and innuendoes...

View more questions Search