Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeboston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
    Boyfriend stressed and pushed me away
    Hi,

I'll try to make this quick and not write a novel. Basically my boyfriend of almost a year has been going through a tough time. He lost his job, and will be forced to take a new one at a school in Vermont at the end of the summer, even though he doesn't want to live there. He worked his of at his last job and tried so hard to find a job in Massachusetts, but wasn't able to and feels like a failure. He is also having family issues. I knew he had been stressed for awhile, but I didn't expect it to get in the way of our relationship since I wanted to be supportive. He went to CT to visit his family for Mother's day weekend, and when he came back he called me but never mentioned coming over or making plans like he usually does. Normally he was over about 4-5 nights a week. So when I asked him when we would see each other he said he didn't know because he had to pack his apartment to move and look for jobs. Then I kept asking further questions about our relationship even though he wasn't in the mood to talk (bad idea) and he said he didn't think it would be healthy for us to be long distance even though he loves me and his feelings for me are strong and he said he doesn't want to break up. Up until that day he had been so positive saying that he was committed to me and we would make it work no matter what. However this was before he found out he would be unemployed for the summer. I asked him what he needs and he said space to get his life together. So I've been giving him space, and he only called once in the past week to complain about how upset he was that he has to move.

I feel horrible. He was everything to me and he treated me so well. I don't understand how he could be so loving and supportive one day, and then he finds out he loses his job and pushes me away. I just want to be there for him, but it seems that gets in the way of his ego. He didn't want my help with packing or anything else. Now I'm giving him his space, but I feel so sad without him. He is my best friend.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
    The loss of a job then having to make a big move like that is enough to stress anybody. It's not about you, it's about him. Leave him alone. Let him get himself settled.
    dandds Posts: 13, Reputation: -4

May 26, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboston View Post
    Hi,

I'll try to make this quick and not write a novel. Basically my boyfriend of almost a year has been going through a tough time. He lost his job, and will be forced to take a new one at a school in Vermont at the end of the summer, even though he doesn't want to live there. He worked his of at his last job and tried so hard to find a job in Massachusetts, but wasn't able to and feels like a failure. He is also having family issues. I knew he had been stressed for awhile, but I didn't expect it to get in the way of our relationship since I wanted to be supportive. He went to CT to visit his family for Mother's day weekend, and when he came back he called me but never mentioned coming over or making plans like he usually does. Normally he was over about 4-5 nights a week. So when I asked him when we would see each other he said he didn't know because he had to pack his apartment to move and look for jobs. Then I kept asking further questions about our relationship even though he wasn't in the mood to talk (bad idea) and he said he didn't think it would be healthy for us to be long distance even though he loves me and his feelings for me are strong and he said he doesn't want to break up. Up until that day he had been so positive saying that he was committed to me and we would make it work no matter what. However this was before he found out he would be unemployed for the summer. I asked him what he needs and he said space to get his life together. So I've been giving him space, and he only called once in the past week to complain about how upset he was that he has to move.

I feel horrible. He was everything to me and he treated me so well. I don't understand how he could be so loving and supportive one day, and then he finds out he loses his job and pushes me away. I just want to be there for him, but it seems that gets in the way of his ego. He didn't want my help with packing or anything else. Now I'm giving him his space, but I feel so sad without him. He is my best friend.
    Sounds like your relationship is at an end. Find somebody else.
    Bubbles2222345 Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

May 27, 2012, 09:00 AM
    My boyfriend lost his job , and got very stressed, upset and strange. Just be there for him and give him time. This is one of the most stressful things in life the loss of your job. He needs support but don't push too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Boyfriend pushed me in anger [ 12 Answers ]

Hello all, I am in a state of shock here so bare with me. I have been dating my boyfriend for 8 months. He has been very good to me overall, and says he has never loved anyone the way he loves me. We are together every single day. My kids and family love him and think he's great. He has said he...

My boyfriend suffers from depression and pushed me away [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, I am in a whirlwind of questions and emotions and need help. One year ago I met a wonderful man and we fell in love and started a relationship. For the past year we have spend a lot of time together as we work together in the creative field. We have always been really good being...

Boyfriend pushed me in anger, should I leave? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 11 months. He has always been very affectionate, cares about my feelings, very loving. We got into an argument over a touchy subject that we have periodically fought over for the past few months. I know he is frustrated beyond belief with me. The argument quickly...

My boyfriend pushed me and a month later got really aggressive towards me. [ 12 Answers ]

He pushed me of the bed really hard, and left me there crying, as he kept yelling at me and calling me nasty names. Earlier that day When I was at work he went through my old msn convos since before I even knew him. He also went through all my folders and files, and I'm left feeling like I have no...

My boyfriend had a nervous breakdown and has pushed me away.what do I do? [ 16 Answers ]

I just got broken up with. No, let me be blunt... I was dumped on my birthday, and on the same weekend as my graduation from law school. Pretty mean thing to do... That being said, I get where he's coming from. My boyfriend had a nervous breakdown - he's stressed about not having a job, about...

View more questions Search