Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philly24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 08:29 PM
    Break-Up... GF needs time to be alone
    I was with my girlfriend for three years. We have had our ups and downs but it was mostly good times. We met during an AmeriCorps program and lived together for 6 months when we first started dating. After that time we both went back to school (me in the Midwest and her in California). After one year of a long distance relationship she moved in with me in while I worked on finishing school.

Things were good but I could tell that she was lonely (i.e. Didn't really have any friends there to hang out with), so I suggested that she move back out West while I finished my last semester.

We talked a everyday during the Fall and I planned on joining her out West once I graduated in December. At one point in the semester her Aunt passed and way and she told me she needed a break. I gave her the space she needed and within a week we were talking again.

However, about a week before I was to move out West shed called me in tears and told me she had to break up with me because she wanted to be more independent (primarily financially). I was distraught and talked with her a lot the next couple of day. Eventually she told me that she still wanted to be with me and that she still wanted me to move in with her. So I did.

Less than a week after I move out West she broke up with me and said she just needs some time to be by herself. She said she needed to work on herself and feel like she didn't have to depend on anyone. I should note that we were living with her parents at the time. She said that she still loves me and that maybe one day we can be together again but she can't say for sure. She said that she doesn't know how much time she needs for herself so she had to break up with me.

She had also had a big fight with her parents and moved out (at least for a couple of days) of their house.

It has been about a week since this happened and I have not had any contact with her since I left to fly back home all the way across the country. I did try to call her and e-mail the first couple of days but I did not hear back.

I am absolutely heartbroken and I don't know what to do. Every second that I am back home I feel horrible. I can't stand being apart from her and I don't feel like doing anything. I want to just go to sleep and hopefully when I wake up it will all be over. I have nothing to distract me here, my local friends have all moved away and I focused my job searh primarily out West so I don't have any prospects here.

I just don't know what to do
    palewhite Posts: 20, Reputation: -8

Mar 3, 2012, 07:28 PM
    I think you can go back to her house and ring on her doorbell, talk to her and say you want to hang out with her more.That's the 1st idea I have for you. 2nd idea:If you have a skype account, you can skype with her and you can hang out with her on skype!Or phone skype!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 3, 2012, 08:37 PM
    Focus your job search where you are and see what happens. You need a prolonged cooling off period where you work on yourself, and establishing a life that you enjoy without her.

When she finds herself and wants you she will let you know, but don't wait around holding your breath. Sorry guy, but break ups suck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When is it time to break up? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship with a 24 year old and I am 31 years old we have been together for 3 years. At first he told me he was 27 then I came to find out his real age after 7 months. He is real close to his 25 year old brother so he goes to him all the time even about our relationship. He even...

First Time Break Up [ 7 Answers ]

I have never broken up with anyone before. I am 25 and have had only one long and meaningful relationship before my current one and she broke up with me. Anyway, I knew this girl a year before we started dating and this August it will be 2 years dating. We moved in this past May. We are talking...

Is it time to break NC? [ 23 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I felt like getting your input on my current thoughts. To everyone who does not know my struggle go here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/learning-break-up-40738.html It's been awhile since I've spoken to my first love, my ex girlfriend (I'd say almost 2 months...

Is it time to break up? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been dating my guy for a year. I love him more than anything, he's my life. He says the same about me. He won't have sex with me. We've only had sex once in the last 6 months, and that one time was quick and he made it seem as if it were a chore he really didn't want to do. It makes me feel...

View more questions Search