Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zoe31984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 08:01 PM
    23 year old virgin
    My boyfriend will not have sex with me. He is very attracted to me, he's not gay, he is not intimidated nor does he have any anxiety about it. He just does not have sex with me. He says that he wants to and when and where is not the problem. My question is, what should I do? And what could be his reason for not having sex? He said he wasn't sexually abused and it's not a religious thing; although he does feel that it should wait till marriage, but he also stated that he is curious and would like to have sex regardless of marriage. So, I am thinking maybe there's some kind of unconscious dred of upsetting his mother. She is very religious and he's a mommy's boy... so I am at the end of my string because I enjoy sex a lot and feel that it is an important aspect in a healthy relationship. If anyone has any ideas or answers please let me know.
    KAJICUACA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 01:13 AM
    Oh Dear 23 old virgin! Don't just thinks about SEX,how about u relations,religious n family ah.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Could there be some insecurity, is it that he is afraid how he will be perceived by you physically? Or is it more that he has been raised in an environment that values sex after marriage? It may be that he just does not feel ready. Does he show physical attention to you in other ways? These are all questions you need to ask yourself. No pressure should be placed on anyone to have sex and if you are in the early stages of a relationship, I think it is the decent thing to wait around 3 - 4 months and get to know each other. Sex should be a fun, exciting and loving experience with no pressure involved. Personally, I don't see any harm in sex before marriage as it is a physical union between two people who care for each other albeit not always. Talk to him some more but don't put any undue pressure on him. If this really does last longer than 6 months then there may be something wrong.
    KaishaJayne Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Try talking to him and say exactly how you feel, especially about the mother bit. Even though that can be quite a difficult subject to approach, BUT, if you enjoy sex and do all the other aspects of a reltionship and not JUST sex, then I don't quite get why its such a problem for sex not to top. I hope things get sorted, sorry not much help
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2007, 01:20 PM
    If he wants to wait that's his choice. Is he worth waiting for? If not you have the wrong guy.
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2008, 07:13 PM
    I think he has good values.. and should be respected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

19 year-old virgin [ 31 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 19 year-old male. This may sound kind of weird, but I can't help noticing that all my friends, and just about everyone I know is sexually experienced/active. I'm a virgin, and a lot of people treat me like I'm stupid when I tell them that. What's going on around me? Is it stupid to be a...

30-Something Virgin [ 20 Answers ]

Here's my story... As a teenager, I dealt with a lot of depression and low self-esteem. I didn't date at all until I was a freshman in college. I was in a serious relationship with a guy for a year in my late teens. He asked me to sleep with him. But, I told him that although I was attracted...

Virgin at 29 [ 24 Answers ]

I'm nearly 29, and am a virgin. However, of late I've been questioning myself whether "waiting" is the way to go. Perhaps it's the way I was brought up, but I've always thought waiting for marriage, which presumably means with the right guy, was what I wanted. I've been in two relationships...

Virgin again? [ 16 Answers ]

So if someone has lost their virginity is it possible not have sex for a cretain amount of years and be able to get their virginity back, to be able to call themselves a virigin once again? If so how many years?

Virgin and Not [ 14 Answers ]

Hi to all I just wish to share my problem.. I'm 18 and a virgin my boyfriend isn't a virgin.. I can't understand why its bothering me so much.. I feel he did everything with someone else already. I even though of asking if he as always used a condom but I think it might not be that suitable to...

View more questions Search