Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

Feb 6, 2007, 02:12 PM
    And what's a man to do when he does everything that's asked of him and still ends up in the gutter?

He does the smart thing - he realizes that you got to care about number one, first and foremost, and that people who ask for help are more than likely looking for a crutch... And what do you do with a crutch when you're done with it?

You throw it in the goddamn trash.

Reality is like that... But I'll be shot in my seat before I'll let someone harp sanctimonious on me when I get that tiniest bit cynical over things.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 02:21 PM
    I agree. She called me 2 times a day during toughest points of her divorce. I made holes in my schedule. Soon I am accommodating her and her kids and asking that she give at least a "hello" during the week, but she is heading off to fitness classes when she realizes I am now fully engaged in her life. I hope the therapist can help her see that she's not a victim and there is hope. And I do agree that women often just want someone to listen.. and if they have their act together, they will be thankful for that and not take it as getting what they wanted in too big a dose. At the end of the day, we're either right for each other or not. No need to force it. But it is tragicomic to throw away something becasuse of... stressful schedule... anyway - silence is golden.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Wow this sure went from simple to bam, a lot of personel feelings. Ash, maybe you didn't get the proper thanks but you helped a fellow human and that's worth something. Move on with your life and carry this experience with you and remember you did nohing wrong except invest too much of yourself to a troubled person. Some day you will get what you gave. Keep the chin up, and try not to be bitter.
    57373 Posts: 95, Reputation: 8

Jul 2, 2009, 02:29 PM

I just want to comment that her ex is probably the most disgusting man or woman I have heard of.She stuck by him THROUGH CANCER and he CHEATS ON HER?

Wow.wow.wow.

Being that close to death and all you would think,would give you some morals,quick.

And in your case,I don't think it's your fault... she has actually been through a lot... unlike girls who make it up because they have cold feet.I'd stay friends with her,unless she wants to 'date other people' then you,have in fact,been lied to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Girlfriend needs "time and space" [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: I have known my girlfriend since I was a junior and she was a freshman in high school. She really liked me back then and I didn't really give her too much attention because I had a girlfriend. Anyway, I came to find that I had fallen in love with her over the past seven years, and I...

What to do when she says "I don't want to be in a relationship right now" [ 11 Answers ]

My girlfriend just broke up with me about a week ago and her reason was she doesn't want to be in a relationship right now and not just with me but with anyone. We dated all of her senior year of high school and she has gone off to college at UCSB and we were going to try and stick through that one...

Girlfriend wants a "break" [ 13 Answers ]

Background of my girlfriend, her family, and our relationship: We started talking in August, and finally became a couple in September. She told me that she would be very busy, with work and school. Her and her dad own a pet store so she works almost everyday after school, and on the weekends....

View more questions Search