Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    appleseeds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 04:19 PM
    Gf wants a break? So confused...
    My girlfriend and I have been together for 6 months and I love her, but lately she's been acting sort of weird. So I asked her if she was mad at me and she kept saying no. Then the other day she said she wanted a "break" but she still loves me.. that she just wants to be friends for a while... what does that mean? I don't want to take a break or hook up with anyone else because I love her. She said it's all her who has the problem that I didn't do anything but then why is this happening.
    Blindsided Posts: 17, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2011, 05:43 PM
    Sounds like she might be trying to figure something out about her feelings. My girlfriend of 6 months dumped me straight up out of the blue Sunday; said she wasn't in love with me anymore. She was weird every now and again; but would usually bounce back. This would usually happen during her PMS phase of her cycle (I know it's cliche' to say that; but she was a different person). I would just back off man; that really is the best thing you can do. She will either come back stronger and more certain about her feelings with you, or not at all. That may sound brutal, but it's what I've had to learn. I would do anything to get my girl back, but unfortunately she's the only one that can call the shots in my case.

Good luck to you, I hope it works out
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2011, 05:50 PM
    Why a female feels the way she feels, only she knows, and most of the time... not even her. However, what I can tell you is that when a female asks you for a break there is a limited number of possibilities and a limited number of outcomes. 1) She could need a break because you are smothering her/chocking her and she just needs some time to herself because you are not allowing her to think clearly. 2) She could be wanting to break up with you but because she still has feelings for you, she might not have yet gathered the courage to break it to you. 3) She might want to experience something else. As far as the outcomes go, there isn't much to it. 1) She breaks up with you after the break because she is still feeling the same way. Or 2) She comes back to you. Regardless, it is a bad sign and normally leads to a break up, I would start looking for someone else or at least start healing just in case she decides to break up, because if not the false hope that you will have been feeding yourself during the break time will make the break up more painful.

Good Luck,
    Javi
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2011, 07:48 PM
    Let her figure it out, then. Leave her be,

If you love her, that's the best gift. Give her what she asks. Don't be her "friend"

That puppy while she dates other dudes.

It sounds like the usual, tried & true breakup lines. Young or old.

" I no longer want you. but dont want to hurt your feelings"...

At least it wasn't 6 years.

Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2011, 07:54 PM

Leave her. If she really wanted to be with you, she wouldn't have to doubt her feelings for you.

When girls say they just want to be friends, that means they don't want to be romantically involved with you. She wants to explore her world more with you on stand by. Do you really want to be the back up boy? She's just going to hurt you more and over a long period. Do the right thing for yourself, and walk away.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2011, 11:07 PM

Break=break up.

Let her have her break,disappear from her life and be happy doing your own thing.

You will,once you heal from the break up.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 20, 2011, 06:03 AM

I don't know how old you are but, her feelings have changed, and she is trying to let you down easy. Yeah it's a tough one but, either you accept this break/break up, and bow out gracefully and keep your dignity and self respect, by leaving her alone, and doing your own thing with out her, or be stuck in misery, trying to get answers she may not understand herself.

Not a lot of options, and changing her mind is next to impossible. Hey you enjoyed the 6 months, but its over now. Let it go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about break up [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I'm new at this sort of thing so please bear with me. I have dated this girl for 4 years, we were friends at first before it turned to anything serious. I just recently bought her a promise ring to show her how much she meant to me and to show how committed I am to her. We started living...

She wants a break she is confused. [ 49 Answers ]

She is having problems with her exhusband (going back to court) and me at the same time. She is not cheating at all and has a son under ten. The issue is with me and her son. I am not given any ability to discipline or say no to this little boy. When he blows up I get in trouble.I want to have a...

Confused on what to do.break up or not [ 3 Answers ]

OK... my girlfriend says she loves me but part of her still loves her ex and when they talk on the phone I don't know... she tells me she's talking to her sister but then later she tells me she was tlkin to her ex and telling me they still love each other and sending me the text messages that they...

A little confused about my break up. [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me recently. He said that we weren't right for each other. He told me that I was too dependent. Since then, I have moved out on my own, gotten a new job, joined an art class... really doing everything I can to gain that independence. My ex calls often. Our...

Confused from break up [ 137 Answers ]

Multiple threads merge for the entire story Perhaps this is one of the most common question being asked here, and I have read millions of similar questions and answers, but I would still appreciate if someone could give me advise on how to get over a breakup. My ex boyfriend broke up with me...

View more questions Search