Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dj-bri-t Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2003, 10:32 AM
    Web Space
    Hey. Looking for a site to host ZIP files so people can download them off another site. Example: My site is hosted on MTS. I want to be able to click a link on an MTS website which will allow me to download a file from the X hosting site where I store them. 100% free please, and a file size limit no smaller than 4 megs. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------
    D.J. Bri T
    http://www.thecityofsims.tk
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2003, 08:29 PM
    Web Space
    You can check out brinkster.com - they should be able to help you out for about 30M. It really depends on what your bandwidth is going to be. Also check out this search site for free web hosts:
    http://www.freewebspace.net

Corey
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 27, 2003, 05:48 AM
    Web Space
    I have to ask why you would think someone would just give you space to use for free? The fact is that it cost money to maintain a server on the WEB. That money has to be recouped some way.

The original idea was that advertisers would pay for the support so companies could offer free services. That didn't work. Another idea was to give away limited free services to induce people to purchase enhanced services. That has had a little more success.

But to expect someone to give away valuable services without any remuneration is unreasonable.
    dj-bri-t Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2003, 07:14 AM
    Web Space
    Ya, I know what you mean by "why should they give you free space?". I know there are places out there that do give away free things. For example, Geocities gives away 15 megs of webspace for free aside from a banner. That's the same with www.dot.tk. Banner ads I don't mind, but popups I just find a pain. I guess banner ads makes it not 100% free... I should have clarified that.
    computerguy_86 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2004, 01:09 PM
    Web Space
    If you want totally free webspace, go with http://www.freewebs.com/. I have three completely free, with no banners or any advertising, websites through them. With a free account, I believe there is a limit of 50 files and limited bandwidth. But hey, if you're smart you could get multiple websites like me thus increasing your file limit. Read the terms of service. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Space... I think... [ 3 Answers ]

I'm sort of new to actual dating... I went out with a few guys in school.. but the relationship really never left school. Once I graduated I fell in love with a guy from australia... was with him for 2 years... and went to see him for 6 months... I waited patiently for 2 years (until three weeks...

Need space [ 6 Answers ]

New here I am recently separated from my kid's mother, just simply fell in love with another woman.started out great than ex started calling and harassing new woman in my life.saying thing's like we are going to get back together,to stay away from our kid's wich limit's my time with new woman she...

He needs his own space? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, my boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months, but we knew each other previously for another year on top of that, I just turned 20 and he is turning 18. At first we didn't have time for each other, I used to work in a nightclub, very late nights, so I changed my jobs so we could have...

Space bar [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, It must be something I done, wonder if anybody can help. When I'm in M.S.Word I press my space bar and I get a stop / dot Full stop. Also my Font size icon and my left justify, right justify and centre icons have gone. Any ideas?

Web space [ 10 Answers ]

Is there is any space in the web where I can store my files for free then download them later My files are about 10 gig So its easier for me to have those files anywhere home, office , etc Thanks

View more questions Search