Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phazelost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 06:48 PM
    Is it normal for a girl to have more guy friends than girl friends?
    She always says, 'Why don't you trust me?'. I tell her I do, but my paranoia always kicks in. She's been living with me for well over 3 years, and if I tell her not to talk to someone, she normally doesn't. Now she's left me, and told me she loves me, she just can't live with me. She needs space, and we'll re-evaluate after a few weeks. However, we're still having sex every time we see each other. I know she's not cheating, a guy just knows these things. She doesn't feel different, and I have been cheated on before. Trust me, if she was cheating, I would know it. What should I do? She does hang out with her guy friends. Recently she went to a bar with a guy, but she asked me to meet her afterwards so WE could do OUR OWN thing. I thought this was a good sign, and she didn't hesitate to tell me what happened. There was nothing, and I do trust her. In my heart, I don't think she's looking for anyone else. She almost always takes my calls, but there are times she doesn't. She tells me she's busy, and why do I always have to check up on her. I'm scared if I can't change my paranoid ways, I might have lost her forever.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 14, 2010, 07:14 PM

She doesn't feel different, and I have been cheated on before. Trust me, if she was cheating, I would know it.
    Good grief!! I cannot believe you wrote that!!

If you were my boyfriend and as paranoid as you are, I would cut you lose as fast as I could. Do you check her cell phone and email? Do you sniff her clothes for another guy's smell on her? Good grief! Get a grip!
    if I tell her not to talk to someone, she normally doesn't
    For that directive alone, I'd cut you lose. NO ONE tells me whom I can talk to or not.
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Dec 14, 2010, 08:46 PM

I'm really curious to know how old you are?

You don't 'tell' a partner to do anything. Are you crazy? I wouldn't of lasted 3 years.. 3 days.. possibly... max. The girl deserves a medal.

Do your ex girl a favour.. leave her be, unless you change YOUR ways.. I don't see this having a happy ending.
    gogogeo24 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 25, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Lots of women prefer the attention they get from men. Simple answer. If you can live with a girl that likes attention, go for it. But, bear in mind, she won't change. Good luck.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Dec 25, 2010, 02:32 PM

Sooner or later, your paranoia will steer her away from you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 25, 2010, 06:09 PM

Just because you call it your paranoia doesn't mean it is unless you have been diagnosed by a professional, but you do seem to have a low self esteem problem that maybe came from being cheated on before.

You are right though, your behavior has already run her out of the house, and unless you think before you act, or speak you will continue to drive a wedge between you, and her, until she is gone for good. Unless you get some help with rebuilding that self esteem, you will run everyone you ever get hooked up with away.

I think you tell her why you act the way you do, and promise to do better while you get help to prove you are serious. How long was it from the time you got cheated on to the time you met your girlfriend?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a girl who thinks I like one of my close friends who's a girl... what do I do? [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I've been friends with this girl 4 like 5 to 6 years when we were both like 14 or 15 we would have sleepovers and just make out I never did anything with a girl besides her, she was the 1st and only girl I liked it in the beginning but I wasn't sure how I felt then we stopped being friends...

Alien girl and human girl become friends 90s movie [ 3 Answers ]

I can NOT think of the name of the movie or characters for absolutely anything in the world. I know there was a teen age girl, she was a brunette and she was actually an alien that looked completely human. She was weird, not like the other people that lived in that town (that was right on the...

I like a girl but I'm not sure she even would want to be friends with me [ 2 Answers ]

Hey Guys I am a freshmen in high school and I really like this girl. I've liked her since we were in the 7th grade but we don't even hang out. She isn't in any classes with me this year and is hanging out with a bunch of new people. I'm not even sure she realizes that I like her but every time I'm...

Does this girl want to be friends or more? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I recently notice that an old co-worker of mine had become single. So I e-mailed her and asked if she wanted to hang out. I obviously had always been attracted to her but had been in a relationship when we worked together. She accepted and went out to the horse races, yeah believe it or not,...

View more questions Search