Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lala67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 12:36 AM
    My ex has moved on, what should I do?
    Me and my ex dated 2 years, and have been on and off about getting back together about 5months, but about a month ago he told me that he was tired of trying to work things out and he had just started talking to a co-worker. A week later they were in a relationship. I was devastated, I cried and begged for him not to move on but it didn't do anything but push him away more. He said he will always love me and be in love with me but blames me for our situation. I am so confused, we are eachothers first loves and he adored me, but now it seems he really likes this new girl.. ALREADY. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? And she is 2 years older then him and haves a 3 year old (we are only 20). It seems like she's a rebound, but he doesn't really fall for girls that easily. Should I move on or is there hope for me and him?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 01:59 AM

You were not together for 5 months and discussing getting back together, what ever the issues were that keep you from being together most likely where too much to over come.

If you cared and loved him as much as you say you did, then you should have figured a way to work things out before
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2010, 05:11 AM

Sounds like he's truly moved on, so that's exactly what you need to do too.

From your description, it doesn't sound like your relationship was ever a relationship made in Heaven, so why not give yourself some time to heal, then get out there and find that special someone?
    wonderlife Posts: 56, Reputation: 53

Oct 7, 2010, 06:22 AM
    I don't know if that girl is a rebound but you should move on. He made it clear enough that he no longer wants you or wants to works things out. I think it's not fair nor sensible to put a blame only on you for the end of the relationship. And do you still want someone who keep jumping in and out of your life? If he truly loves and cares as he said, he won't leave you for other girl. Actions speack louder than words. Don't cry and don't beg for someone who doesn't want to be with you. Even if we can't eat dignity and pride, but having it will make you feel good about yourself. I was dumped (hard) as well but I just gave my ex what he wanted and I simply agreed with him (even I felt so devastated inside). No point trying to keep someone who wants to walk away.

It's hurt I know. Please stay strong, hold your head high and start the process of your own healing, go NC, read the stickies and other threads on this board, it really helps as you will see lot of people with similar experiences. We all finally get through it!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 06:34 AM

He has moved on, so its important that you do to.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2010, 06:57 AM

Does it really matter if she is just a rebound. He is with someone else. He walked away even after you lowered your pride to beg him not too. Im sorry your going through this, and believe me I know how hard it is, my ex-fiance did the same thing, it was like a lite switch, he just shut off. He was in another relationship just two weeks later, and still with her and its been a year. Now what I didn't know at the time, and the present doesn't know, he only last about two years in a relationship, but not my problem anymore. But I will give you heads up, my ex tried to keep his options open, but still emailing,etc with me. I allowed him to keep my hopes up that he would come back. I had to finally put a stop to that, so I could really heal and move on. So don't let him try and use you that way, its just makes it worse.
    You need to get out with friends,family. If your in college, try taking one class just for the heck of it. Take up a sport, or hobbie.
    Read some of the post on this site and advice others have been given, it does help. The no contact rules and of course Talaniman Rules to live by are very sound. Good luck and don't think twice to just post your frustrations when you need too.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2010, 05:01 PM
    Don't spend any more time worrying about him. That's just a waste of energy. What's the point?

He can say all he wants not to hurt your feelings, but he's moved on, has someone else. Get it?

Don't talk to him anymore or try to investigate.

Hes not the only guy in this world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a person on parole moved to my address then moved out doesn't the PO have to verify [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know if my address is still being used and why this hasn't been verified by the PO its been a month

Moved Out [ 10 Answers ]

(Rambling) My boyfriend and I moved in together 6 months ago... as recent as two weeks ago he was excited about our marriage potential and working over for a ring... then all of a sudden he became cold and started staying out real late... always saying things like I'm not sure about getting...

I moved [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I want to talk about when I moved away during this summer vacation from Varginia to Maryland and I miss all of my friend and now I feel so lonely even I going to school I feel that I have nobody at lunch I sit by myself I don't know what to do so I can forget about old days I just can...

Why haven't I moved on? [ 7 Answers ]

I would never go back to my ex but yet I'm having a hard time moving on.What can I do?

Ex has moved on... almost? [ 11 Answers ]

Here's the long story short.. after being together for almost 2 years my boyfriend broke up with me 4 months ago at the beginning of junior year of high school saying he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now and needs a break. Now I realize we're still young and there's other people out...

View more questions Search