Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LurveSickk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 04:56 PM
    Complicated Relationship.. HELP!!
    Myself and my b/f were going out for 3months. He lives 3mins from me. At the start of our relationship he was great, he made contact, he visited etc. as our relationship went on I kept getting really annoyed at him as he would never contact me and he wouldn't for days, and I gave out to him for this. 2months into our relationship he told me he loved me, and I felt I cared and loved him enough to say it back. I trust him, and he is the first fella I have being with that I feel comfortable with. 2weeks ago he said he needed a break, and I said you know there shouldn't be a break if you really want to be with someone, that you either want to be with them or not. I was gutted and finished it. 2days ago I text and I said you know can we work this out, that I love you, I said it a simple answer, yes or no! He replyed and said leave it as a break till the end of the month and we will see from there. I said you know nobody else involved (girls/boys). He said you sound. But he hasn't contacted me since. I love him to bits and he knows it. He always told me he would be there for me, that he cared for me a lot and that he hasn't being with any girl since. What is the best thing for me to do? What can I say to him, to tell him I care. He knows I do and that I love him. What can I do to prove this? How can I show him he is the only love in my eyes?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 04:58 PM

How old are you both?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 05:03 PM

He knows how you feel, give him his time and space to decide what he feels. You had been going out for just three months. Maybe things moved too quickly for him, and he now realizes that.

There is nothing you can do but see how things go. Do not hound him, do not continue to try and make him see how you feel. He won't forget, so don't feel you have to remind him.

It may be that it just isn't meant to be. That is what dating is about. You are attracted to someone, you get to know them, enjoy time with them, but sometimes you just realize it wasn't what you thought it would be.

He may come back in time, he may not. You can't make him feel what he doesn't feel. He could end up just being a good friend and not a boyfriend.

In the meantime, spend time with your friends, try not to dwell on what he is going to do or not (hard to do, I know!).
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 17, 2010, 05:49 PM

I don't think it matters how you feel about him. He doesn't feel the same . That's obvious. No matter what you do, you will not have the kind of relationship that you want and expect. This is a lop sided affair, I mean you care too much, he doesn't care enough. Sorry, but that's just the way it is sometimes. Best thing for you to do is stay away from him, end all communication, and allow yourself to meet someone else. Someone that feels the same, someone that wants to be with you as much as you want to be with him. We all try to find answers as to why someone changes towards us, what we did wrong, what can we do to get them back. I have found that if somebody lovesyou, I mean really loves you, they will do everything they can to work things out with you. No relationship is perfect, so the answer here is there is no answer. Like the movie says "he's just not that into you" Time to move on. Plenty of other fish in the sea..
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 05:57 PM

First of all please no chat speak.

Second of all, we need to know how old you are.

Third, it is not much of a relationship. 3 months is not really long enough to consider it a strong relationship. Dating maybe, but relationship no.

Not really that complicated actually very simple. It was infatuation, that whether you feel it can be worked out or not he ended it.

Time to learn to walk away, not be so clingy and realize that it takes a lot to be in a true relationship and this is not one of them.

Sep 17, 2010, 06:26 PM

Sometimes when we give advice we forget that kids often post here and have some of the same relationship problems as adults. So if you are a couple of teenagers, then I hope my advice will come in handy someday, but for now what your experiencing is just part of growing up.

Sep 17, 2010, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    First of all please no chat speak.

Second of all, we need to know how old you are.

Third, it is not much of a relationship. 3 months is not really long enough to consider it a strong relationship. Dating maybe, but relationship no.

Not really that complicated actually very simple. It was infatuation, that whether you feel it can be worked out or not he ended it.

Time to learn to walk away, not be so clingy and realize that it takes a lot to be in a true relationship and this is not one of them.
    Meant to say 'Yes your post was right on. And I'm the one who forgot they could be kids.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 18, 2010, 11:16 AM

Your feelings have you blind to the obvious, he ain't as into you, as you are him, so leave him alone, and get your feelings under better control.

Then you won't be left in limbo, and confused by a guy who puts you on hold, for more important things in his life, and won't have to be made a fool of by chasing after him.

Sep 18, 2010, 01:07 PM
    I'm 21 and he 20.

Sep 18, 2010, 01:08 PM
    I'm 21 and he 20. Mistake when wrote. He lives 30mins away no 3mins.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Complicated relationship with girl who always breaks up when things are going great [ 10 Answers ]

I've had a long complicated relationship with my now probably ex-girlfriend. I'm compelled to detail the entire history of it for outside perspectives, so please bear with me. I truly apologize for the length of this post, I've lived through all of this and I don't really have anyone close to me...

Complicated relationship with a girl from Uni [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I am a Chinese national who is 28 years old. I had a complicated relationship with a girl from Uni long time ago. She kept on giving me hopes for four years and finally left me. And I actually had to end the relationship because of the mind torture she gave me. This is my problem. Since...

Complicated Relationship Situation. [ 13 Answers ]

This is going to be a long post. :) Background information, I'm a sophomore in college and she's a freshman. Last August, I met a girl, and literally from the first time we saw each other, we knew we were special. I asked her to lunch on the first day I met her, and she said yes. It was like our...

Complicated relationship [ 8 Answers ]

After a 5 year relationship with the only man I've been I met this guy that I liked he was a friend of a friend we always go out with the same friends so after a couple of months and dates I slept with him that night we had a date and he asked me not to go out with other guys.We didn't see each...

Ending a very complicated relationship [ 9 Answers ]

I want to end a 5 year long distance relationship, but I know it will be next to impossible. He needs me more than anything, he became dependent on me. This year smth horrible happened: he tried to kill himself due to many reasons including feeling guilty that he cheated on me with his ex. He...

View more questions Search