Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XC4life Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 12:13 PM
    My Girlfriend Cheated/Lied to Me
    Were both 15 years old and we were going out for almost 2 months. It was amazing. We both thought we were made for each other, and we loved each other so much. Whenever we were both free, we hanged out. Most of the time it was at her house alone. We cuddled, made out and all that stuff. Nothing sexual.

Here's just a little background of her, nothing in detail:

Before she met me and before she met her soon to be best friend, she was depressed. People use to make of fun of her, and talk **** about her behind her back. She had a rough time with some of her ex-boyfriends. Because of all this, she sometimes was afraid to go to her class and sometimes school in general because of it. The girl she met, became her best friend and helps her out a lot. She started to do better, and ever since then they have been sisters. I met my soon to be girlfriend at a small party. We fell in love with each other just two days after we met. Her sister like friend was really cautious, and I could understand that. She finally saw that we both loved each other very deeply, and became very supportive. I've known the best friend for over a year, because we both were in some classes together, and we ourselves were good friends.

In the last 2 weeks of August, my girlfriend was acting differently. She started to text me less and less, and when we did text, the conversation wouldn't last very long and she wouldn't respond after a while. I went over her house the last Thursday of August, and we were spending time alone with each other for 2 hours before her mom came home and drove us to a mall. We both had an amazing time. When we were on her bed making out, something didn't feel quite right, but I just ignored it.

We planned on going to a town festival on that Saturday. Well I texted her the day of and asked her where we should meet and what time she was going. She said she didn't know and whenever her mom was planning on driving. So I said all right. The festival ended at three, and I still didn't hear from her. I found out she actually did go, through the News Feed on Facebook. She went with her best friend and met up with girls. I was kind upset, but I never said anything. The next day I got a text from her saying she feels really bad cause she hasn't been a really good girlfriend, and that I was an amazing boyfriend, but that she isn't really ready for a relationship right now. She also said I did nothing wrong, and that I was still amazing. She also said that in her opinion we work better as best friends. I took it pretty hard, and I was crying. She said that I could honestly do so much better then her and that she's really ****ed up, and that I deserve someone sweet and understanding like myself. I legit cried for an hour.

I seriously thought her and I had something special. My gut told me their was something more to it then her not ready for a boyfriend. A day or two went by and I finally asked her best friend if it was the real reason. She told me it was, and that she (My Ex-girlfriend) was really sorry, and that she really wanted us to work. I accepted it, and I thought everything was going to go all right if I took it slow, boy was I wrong.

Yesterday (September 4th) I go on Facebook only to find my Ex going out with one of my best friends. This best friend always used to hang out with us. (meaning my ex, Ex's best friend, and I) When me and my ex girlfriend were still together, he was kind of jealous of her and I. He always used to invite her over his house alone, and she would always come up with an excuse not to go. I just couldn't understand what happened, and I felt betrayed, and cheated on.

And today I couldn't take it, and so I asked my best friend what the heck is going on. Turns out he's liked her for a long time, and one day they started to express their feelings for each other while her and I were still together. A few weeks later she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship. He told me that neither of them wanted to see me hurt, and that it was a mistake at the time. I'm not sure what that meant, but he's really sorry. I forgive him because he had the guts to tell me the truth, not another lie. According to him, she still wants to be friends with me. I still feel betrayed, cheated and lied too.

I honestly don't know what to do. Every time I think back to the memories her and I had together it hurts, and it hits me in the face like a baseball that she cheated on me. I know the first heart break is always the worst, but I don't think it could get anymore worse.

Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2010, 12:22 PM

Girlfriends will come and go and you are very young. This friend isn't much of a friend if he cheated with her.

Move on and leave them both alone. Maybe no hurt was intended but nevertheless... the
    Rule my friends and I had in High School was... Never date a boyfriend or an ex boyfriend if you want to remain friends with each other.

This is really a learning experience for you and you will get over it.
    I'm sorry.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 04:04 PM

I am like Kit, back in the day we didn't go behind our friends back, and mess with their partners, but I guess somewhere the rules changed. Still though, friends and girlfriends like that, you don't need, and see this as a blessing in disguise, so you can get away from, and move beyond false friends, and false girlfriends. Yeah it sucks, but leaving them alone, and make better friends, and choose better girlfriends, is your solution.

You were indeed betrayed, and the cowards didn't have the decency to control themselves, or be truthful, so cross them off the list. Its sucks, but growing pains usually do.
    XC4life Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 04:21 PM
    Thank you both for replying. I talked to her yesterday, and turns out she always had feelings for him, even though she tried so hard to love me. She wanted to love me, but her feelings just weren't there for me.

I find myself going back to her. She texts me almost once everyday, and I know its not a good idea to reply, but I find myself doing it anyway. I keep thinking and thinking if I should do what you both have suggested, but really don't know if I can. I've been best friends with him since kinder garden, and we've both ran track together since 6th grade. But when I think back to what he did, I just sometimes wish he never met her. If he never did this, and just found someone else, her and I would most likely still be together. I remember one time she said that he was trying to hit on her. And that she would never fall for him, and I would always be hers. And now I know that all of it was just a lie.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2010, 04:35 PM

You need some space just to get over this emotional experience, as YOU cannot adjust so fast to going back to being friends as she has. Tell her that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Cheated and lied, but I want him back. [ 11 Answers ]

So I am really frustrated with myself. So me and my ex(jimmy) were together from December - May. We loved being with each other, spent every moment, we just overall loved having one another around. However, I am close friends with a lot of guys before I started to ever talk to jimmy, and there just...

Hurt because he lied and cheated [ 21 Answers ]

Hello, I need to some help. I just found out that my boyfriend of 3yrs had been talking to another woman and on feb the 14th he went up there to see her and had lunch so he says. I did not all of this until last week because he was acting funny on the computer and I went into his email and found...

He told me he cheated. Now he tells me .he lied and never cheated! [ 11 Answers ]

Ok a month ago my boyfriend had told me he cheated on me! So obviously I broke up with him. And a week ago he told me he never really did cheat on me.. like the girl tried to kiss him but he never answered the kiss. He says he feels guilty from that. And he said he told me he cheated on me to test...

He cheated and lied [ 4 Answers ]

I dated a guy for 4 years, and took him back repeatedly after he cheated and lied to me. He always promised things would change and they never did. I finally just told him I don't care anymore and left him, but now I'm so unconsolable!! I literally haven't felt this much pain, the realization of...

View more questions Search