Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usaname Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 05:12 PM
    Question about my break up
    I have been in a relationship with a guy for almost 2 years. We started really good but lately we have been arguing a whole lot. It has gotten to the point that we argue over ridiculous things. We both know that the relationship is going nowhere good, and fast and I can't take it anymore. My birthday is coming soon and I have been looking at a sewing machine that I have been wanting. My boyfriend has offered to pay $250 towards it but like I said, the relationship is going nowhere good, and fast. I don't see the two of us lasting another month even and I have been thinking about breaking up. I am not sure if I should accept the money for the sewing machine if I am going to break up with him. Would that be wrong?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 28, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Yes, that would be wrong.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Aug 28, 2010, 05:26 PM

If you know the relationship is ending why wait a month?

If you aren't sure then be honest with him that you don't know if you see you two lasting therefore wouldn't feel right accepting the birthday gift. If you do mend your relationship he can always treat you later if he wants to.
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Aug 28, 2010, 05:41 PM

If you have to ask this question then you have more problems than you realise.

How can you not figure this out yourself?

Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 28, 2010, 05:48 PM

Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
    If it's not good end it. Birthday or not.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2010, 07:12 PM

"We both know that the relationship is going nowhere good"

Sew that one by hand. Don't need a machine.
    wonderlife Posts: 56, Reputation: 53

Aug 28, 2010, 10:22 PM

No... you shouldn't let him pay for that machine.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2010, 07:24 AM

Not only is it wrong to expect he pay for a birthday gift, its wrong for you to keep stringing him along, and you see no future with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

Reasons girls break up vs. Why guys break up [ 12 Answers ]

Hello all: Having recently been broken up with my girlfriend and reading some of the posts on this site, I became curious as to why girls break up vs. why guys break up when there is really nothing wrong with the relationship (ie no fighting no obvious cheating, etc). I don't think its always...

I have a plumbing question. Can you break a flusher on a toilet by flushing wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question about flushing a toilet. I have been told that you can break the innards of a toilet by not flushing it right. I have never heard or seen anything like this in my life. I have see the apparatus wear and have to be replaced but neer broken by improper flushing.

Another break up story and a question [ 6 Answers ]

Here's my story: This might be a long one... THE BEGINNING: It all started nearly three years ago. I've met a girl during my summer vacation and we've hit it right off. I never thought of that relationship as a potential long term one, so I dismissed it as such. When our her 10 days visit...

View more questions Search