Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anonyme View Post
    Ohsohappy: He won't talk to me. At all.
    I think you should take amicon's advice and try for counseling if you haven't.
    Don't give up though, at least not yet. There's still hope, even if it's kind of buried.
    anonyme Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 08:50 PM
    Eight year relationship is dying, I don't want it to!
    Amicon -- the counseling is over. He made promises that he wouldn't/couldn't keep. I suggested private counseling for him and that's what prompted him to move to Seattle. I'm involved with a domestic abuse program that is getting me into visits with a counselor. I'm doing the best I can to take care of myself, but even if the relationship can be saved, a separation is called for if either one of us are going to be able to salvage our self esteem. I guess I just answered my own question. And then replied, "But not until my dog dies."

I don't want my dog to die, but he has terminal cancer, although he's completely normal acting. He has a tumor on his heart. They operated on it and told us he had 24 hours to two weeks to live. It will be four months next Friday. What do I do? Wish my dog would die? He's really the only friend I have left.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 08:55 PM

Whatever he is going through, its apparent you can't help him through it, so it looks like you, and the dog, had better get your lives together, without him.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:58 PM
    I guess you did-and I'm sorry about your dog, the prospect of losing a pet is a bereavement process.
    Make sure you have strong support to help you get you back on your feet.
    As for him he has to truly want help and then seek it.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Amicon -- the counseling is over. He made promises that he wouldn't/couldn't keep. I suggested private counseling for him and that's what prompted him to move to Seattle. I'm involved with a domestic abuse program that is getting me into visits with a counselor. I'm doing the best I can to take care of myself, but even if the relationship can be saved, a separation is called for if either one of us are going to be able to salvage our self esteem. I guess I just answered my own question. And then replied, "But not until my dog dies."

I don't want my dog to die, but he has terminal cancer, although he's completely normal acting. He has a tumor on his heart. They operated on it and told us he had 24 hours to two weeks to live. It will be four months next Friday. What do I do? Wish my dog would die? He's really the only friend I have left.
    Then maybe you should head out.
    =/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New relationships [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if my girlfriend is still in love with her exhusband?

Relationships [ 6 Answers ]

I had been going out with this guy for 2 years. In July he broke up with me due to stress at work with the economy etc... but one of the problems was drinking which caused turmoil in the relationship. So recently I quit drinking and feel great. He is aware that I stopped as well. Well its been...

Relationships ? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know will I ever get married again? Or be in another relationship again?

Relationships [ 4 Answers ]

Can't seem to keep a man. No problem getting them--just keeping them. They generally fly off after 4-6 months

View more questions Search