Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbarazzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 02:24 PM
    This is a long story... I was with my ex 7 years and loved him totally.last year I got pregnant and he ran off, partying a lot,drinking with his mates,I could never reach him on his mobile! he came back 3 months later,and with the stress I miscarried! He is 29,and wouldn't even take driving lessons,I drove him about.Now I have my own place he is nasty about it,told me he wouldn't move in,in a fit of anger smashed it up.Told me he didn't love me anymore,and would rather date others.how much he fancied a girl at work etc.That was 6 weeks ago,and he hasn't met me since.he is nasty when I call,is out drinking every night thinking he will find someone better.I have heard about the no contact rule,but I call hism as I am so heartbroken.what do I do here?
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Oct 11, 2009, 02:29 PM

Don't look back, move on. You have been with this man for 7 yrs, I guess youi have dated all this time. No commitment, or are you married? Sounds lilke he hasn't sewed his oats yet, wants a free leg, by partying all the time. Nothing will change him. Sounds too me like the writing is on the wall. He doesn't want the relationship. You deserve better! Why would you call him and waste your time. Your just setting yourself up to get hurt. Yes, 7 yrs is a long time, but I would rather find out now, before its too late. Too me it sounds like he did you a favor. He doesn't sound like he is too stable.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2009, 03:17 PM

Sorry for your situation, but please don't pine for a guy who has left you in your time of need, as he has.

Although it will be hard after the years of shared attachments, over time you will celebrate getting this character out of your life, and open the door for better options, than an immature, irresponsible jerk, who parades himself a man.

Now that you know what a real man is NOT, you can better find one who is. No hurry, heal first, from what you have been thru, and can be a good partner someday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After 10 years I was dumped [ 30 Answers ]

I just recently had a hysterectomy and my fiancée of 2 years (together for 10) decided to tell me that he was not in love with me. He said he had been feeling like this for two months. I moved out of our place, but he contacted me yesterday to explain that he feels we have two different...

Girlfriend dumped me after 4 years [ 15 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I were dating for 4 years. I just graduated HS and she is a senior, this happened at random. We hung out all the time and she never showed disinterest in me. She said that she needs to feel independent and that she needs to clear her mind. She said she still loves me and wants to...

Dumped after 3 years, for someone else? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm 23 next week and she's JUST TURNED 21, she started a new internship with other 20 something's and started to hang out with them a lot then she wanted a break, made out with one of the guys at a party and now talks to him on the phone but says she's not going to start a relationship with him....

Dumped after 5 years. [ 8 Answers ]

We were together 5 years and engaged. We lived together 4 of the years and then as she was about to graduate Law School she dumped me. I am heart broken and feel as if my life has ended. I have finally stopped calling, texting or emailing her. I hope she will notice. Yet it seems like she is so...

View more questions Search