Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeyhunter2006 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 03:10 PM
    A second Chance
    Hello Everyone

I wrote back in August about my problem, (Titled Feelings from the past) and definitely appreciated everyone's answers and the time they took to write. And yes, I did follow the advice and that is why I am here today.

As suggested by everyone, I walked away and gave her space, not that it was a easy thing to do. But I knew that it was the right thing to do. There were a lot of weak moments, but I held out and stayed completely away from her. I did go out and meet other people, made some new friends and just tried to carry on with my life.
    She tried to chat with me a couple times online, but I said very little and showed virtually no interest. As difficult as it was for me. I just played it cool (lol)

Well since then, in the last couple weeks we have been in contact (initiated by her)and we are talking and trying to pick up where we left off.. Although inside I am excited, I am not going overboard. Yes, I want this to work... and I can definitely see a change in her since we went our own ways for a while. This is very important to me, and I think our little time away from each other definitely helped. Even though nothing is for sure at any time, I do know that stepping back and giving her space has given us a second chance.

Thanks.:)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Go very slow, There is no hurry. Take the time to do this right, even though I have reservations about her motives. Keep your eyes open. Don't be so excited she is available that you fall for anything.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2006, 02:32 PM
    Go SLOW. Listen to her. Find out what HER needs are. What she wants!!

LISTEN TO HER!! LISTEN!!
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Make her contact you!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 29, 2006, 03:34 PM
    It is good that she is different, you be different too.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2006, 04:41 PM
    YEs this is good to hear. Glad you are getting the second chance you craved.
    But pleae don't fal into old traps. I hope to hell that while you had no contact with her you worked out what went wrong. How you could have changed etc.

And I hope you both implement them changes so as it works this time. Because if you don't you will back here again in a few months asking for our advice on how to heal the pain again after it fails for a second time!

Good luck. Take it slow. Keep asking advice here. It can really help you!
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2006, 09:24 PM
    Please make sure to have some bondries and rules - how much contact - how often date - WHAT DOES EACH OTHER WANT!!

Listen her - listen to her troubles - her wants - her needs. Trust me on this. Ask her -she'll flip.

BUT, be busy as well - don't always go racin gto call her, chat etc. it's OK to go to voice mail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help. Do I take a chance? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 21 year old girl, who 2 1/2 years ago started dating a 23 year bloke called Tom. Everything was perfect with him as he was honest, kind and real gentleman to me. We lasted 4 months as he didn't know what he wanted and wanted to be single again. I was devastated as you can imagine as this...

Is there a chance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My question is this. I have met this guy that I truly like and I know he just got out of a relationship, he says he is not ready for one yet and he says am the one if he was ready. He called me all week and then we went on a date. I had mentioned it first but he brought it up again. Then a...

Second chance [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have been in a relationship for the past ten years. We have run into problems. My exboyfriend feels that he gave most of the effort in this relationship. I didn't show him the love that he showed me. There was a lot of interference by family and friends. We were both young when we started...

A chance [ 3 Answers ]

I seem to have a problem when I meet a woman. I'm shy so it's difficult to come up with something to say, however when I do get nerve and initiate conversation I think things are going decent. We talk a little and they seem to like the person I am, they say things that give me the impresion they...

View more questions Search